New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

The greatest gift

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 02:20 PM
brderj
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The greatest gift

I use to have a black Jeep wrangler. In the summer time I would spend all day waxing that thing so I could take the top off and drive for hours watching the stars shine off my hood. lol. I went to your website agian and spent a little more time lurking around. So lets get this straight, you like Dodge trucks (awesome) your Irish (as are all great minded people) and not only do you like hockey (which should be enough) but you like the wings?? Anyone with this much great taste should be elected president!

Speaking of the wings, they better pull their s&*t together!! And tell me you didn't freak out when you saw the Captain fall to the ice last night from that puck to the face? It was 0200 here and I woke a whole bay up screaming at the TV. lol.

Old 05-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha... Yah... I'm a huge Red Wings fan... Yzerman is my favorite. Yesterday was hard for me as I'm a huge Thoroughbred fan and yesterday was the Kentucky Derby and there was hours and hours of horse racing. I had a smaller tv hooked up just so I could watch the hockey playoff game too.

The moment that puck flew up and hit Yzerman in the face, I switched it to the large TV and I was on my feet. Then he got up to head to the bench and fell down.... Oooh that puck hit him square and HARD... and there's not been any updates on his status. I'm so worried...

~Amanda

Old 05-02-2004, 02:38 PM
brderj
Veteran

Okay so you had the wings playoff game on a SMALLER TV? Are you mad woman?! I'd go further into insults but all Irish boys are born with the knowledge that Irish girls are mean and can beat the hell out of you if you push them to far. So we will leave it at, you are loosing cool points.

You would think the biggest player for the greatest hockey team would have some form of updates on his status. I've been waiting all day for something to come of it. Here is a good question for you, what is your opinion of the Cujo and Hasek thing? Maybe you shouldn't answer that question, we'll turn this truck forum into a hcokeytown forum. lol.

Old 05-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

HEY! Thoroughbred Racing is presented by DODGE... that adds cool points.

Well, after all the controversy with Hasek leaving last year... and Cujo coming in, us trying to side line him when we thought we didn't need him, then him being our only and best goalie... I think we should keep Cujo and get rid of Hasek. I mean, I love Hasek, and I give him props for giving some of his contract money back when he was not obligated to... but Cujo really been the Wings' goalie this year. I know Legace is in the mix... he's great too. But with Hasek almost not coming back at all this year... let him go, let Cujo stay and he and legacy can carry them... what do you think?

~Amanda

Old 05-02-2004, 02:54 PM
brderj
Veteran

Well as you may know the maple leafs are the wings biggest rival since day one, now nothing like those pig bastages from Colordado. (DIE!) They are tied in win games with each other so I have a mutal respect for the leafs, always have. Plus Cujo and I share the same birthday, he's just older, but cool non the less. I have always liked Cujo, I think he's one of the best and what the wings did to him sucked. Legace is awesome and we are lucky to have him there. Hasek is cool and it may not have been all him, like you said he gave some of his contract money back, that is a honorable thing, but the wings management suck. Even the players thought so. So I am glad to see Hasek go and I hope Cujo can forgive and stay around.

You just keep getting better and better. lol

Old 05-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Yah, except I never spell Legace right the first time. LOL!

So, what other vehicles are in the family?

~Amanda

Old 05-02-2004, 04:50 PM
brderj
Veteran

Not counting the Ram we have a Pontiac Aztec, that is my wifes. She wants a car but she doesn't know what to get. She was talking about getting another Neon. The only thing she is worried about is her old Neon was such a pile of crap. She doesn't want to get stuck with something like that again. She knows they are better but lets face it, "screw me once shame on you, screw me twice and shame on me" If that makes since...

Old 05-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I know what you mean, what about a Stratus? That's nice and sporty... and a Dodge... LOL!

~Amanda

Old 05-02-2004, 05:04 PM
brderj
Veteran

The vehicle my wife traded in for my truck was her Mazda 626 with a V6, she loved that car. So with that she is kind of stuck with the whole Mazda thing. Personally I don't care what she gets, I'm a warranty kind of person. I like knowing for the next 7 years Dodge has to fix whatever I break, lol. Between the both of us we have had 3 Chrysler vehicles, a 95 Jeep Wrangler, 95 Dodge Neon and the baddest of the bad 2004 Hemi ram (just say it, it sounds so nice) I do like the Stratus and so does she, but we won't be ready for another vehicle for about a year now. But if she wants one sooner we will get it, she got me the truck so she can have whatever she wants. lol.

So what about you, you seem to be totally in love with your truck, and for good reason. When do you think will be the end of the lady in red? And if she goes who takes her place? I know it must be hard to even type, sacrilege even, but let’s just throw it out there. [:@]

Old 05-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I am totally in love with my truck, anyone who's seen me with her knows... The end... hmmm... Short of her being stolen, I'm not worried about her mechanically, things can always be fixed. She's been excellent truck thus far, needing very little along the way. Nothing would ever or could ever take her place... but my next vehicle will be a Dodge.

~Amanda

Quick Reply: The greatest gift