New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

The greatest gift

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 10:29 PM
brderj
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The greatest gift

Hey first off let me introduce myself, the name is Jay and I am the proud (extremely proud) owner of a brand new 04 Dodge Ram quad cab Hemi 1500. My anniversary to the greatest woman in the world was on the 2nd of April and as a gift to me she bought me this new truck. Now I am currently in Kuwait and can only admire this truck via e-mail (was this a gift or a form of slow torture, you be the judge) so some of my details are sketchy. She has already got rid of the stock tires and rims and put new ones on there. Nice chrome 17 inch rims with MT tires and chrome nerf bars. Now how do you top this? [:-]

Now I say proud owner and I mean this. I was in Kuwait when Dodge announced publicly that the new line of trucks were coming with the new Hemi. I was hooked. When I got home I test drove 3 different trucks and the one I have now is the one I have dreamed about for over a year now. So with all that out of the way I just thought I would introduce myself and see what other proud Dodge owners are doing with their vehicles. I come to learn and hopefully have a good time, so with that enjoy.

Jay

Old 04-30-2004, 10:36 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: The greatest gift

Hang in there, dude! You all are doing a great job!! Welcome to DF!!!! Congrats on the truck!!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-01-2004, 05:23 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to our humble home here at DF. I know for a fact if it were me in Kuwait, then it would have to be torture.

Old 05-01-2004, 10:51 AM
brderj
Veteran

I don't know if torture is a painful enough word. Thanks...

Old 05-01-2004, 02:20 PM
brderj
Veteran

I added pictures of my truck if anyone would like to take a look.

Old 05-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Vice King
Rookie

welcome, that's a nice looking truck you got there, but personally i think they are very uncomfortable and the seat adjustments are limited [:'(] but non the less it looks sweet.

i just made a wp of the SRT if anyone cares to see it --> http://www.viceking.net/images/ramsrt.jpg

Old 05-01-2004, 05:24 PM
brderj
Veteran

I like the effects you added with that picture, looks sweet. As far as the seat positions, you ride through Iraq in a HMMV and tell me that sitting in this truck wouldn't be like heaven, lol. I guess my hind quarters are less sensitive than others. lol.

That last part can go many ways, lets just leave it at that.

Old 05-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Welcome to DF and congrats on the gift! Sounds like you got yourself a good women, knows what's best... DODGE! When will you be headed home to that wonderful women and the new truck?

~Amanda

Old 05-01-2004, 05:32 PM
brderj
Veteran

My wifes name is Amanda. I have no absolute date of when I am due home, hopefully by September in time for my daughters birthday. I went to your site and checked out the pictures of your truck driving on track, how did you accomplish that? Not many people can say they have done that with a Ram, lol.

Old 05-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Wow... now I think even more highly of her...

Thanks for visiting my site!! I got to drive it on the Michigan International Speedway when I was there watching my dad take part in the Richard Petty Driving Experience. The Petty's are long time Mopar fans... and I was talking to the director of the program and asked very sweetly if I could get a shot of my Dodge on the start/finish line. He asked me about my truck, what sort of truck does a girl like me have, etc... I told him that shes a red Ram... Intrigued, he told me to pull her into the garage area (OMG!). So I ran out to the parking lot and drove into the garage area, that's where this pic came from:

Anyway, he ran out to me after about ten minutes or so, and hopped in and showed me to the pit road... drove down through it and went through the crowd and the cars... then he told me to lit 'em up. I stood on the brake and revved to almost 5500 and let off, burning it and fish tailing some, he was psyched, real nice guy. Made me put in Def Leppard and and let me go as fast as I wanted. Anyway, did two laps, and he told me to go in for a pit stop... rolled through he stopped and had the photographer meet us at the start finish line (even though I brought my digital camera to take my own shots). So we went through again and made another lap, stopping at the start finish line and taking pictures... then we came back in and I went out and parked her... it was an amazing experience...

~Amanda

Quick Reply: The greatest gift