New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hey whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:24 AM
70ChargerR/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey whats up?

How many muscle car Enthusiasts as in late 60's early 70's mopar muscle use this forum? thats really my deal, but i drive a 01 dakota QC 4.7l 4X4. and i love mopar, my modo is Mopar Or No Car. im 16 and my dad has given me a 70 charger R/T that is rust free but not exactly restored. well it's actually it is in the process. my brother is at OSU and my dad and i are converting his 73 barracuda into a 71 cuda AAR and we are stoken the 360 block he has found into a 408. we haven't decided yet but i think i might buy a stroker kit for my 440 and stoke it to a 542, i beleive it was mopar muscle, but one of the magazines built a 542 and put it in a roadrunner i beleive and it had 575+ HP with over 700 lbs/ft of torque they said "second gear was alot of fun becuase we could smoke the hides on cammand". I rest my case. i really want to do that so i can beat my brothers 408 cuda. my brother also has our only running muscle car a 68' charger R/T clone with a 383. but my dad found a 70' charger 500 that has been parked in a abondonded lot since 74' and it was surrounded by evergreens and was concealed all year long. it is acutally in Hot Rod's 2004 december issue as readers find of the month. he also got a 71' cuda with a 440 block but we plan to sell that one and make some money so we might put a crate hemi in it. i hope there are some true muscle enthusiasts here becuase the kids at my high school just smile and nod. also they all think that all muscle cars are either a charger, camaro, or mustang. kind of annoying when you get your hopes up that their is another charger in town and you find out it is a camaro.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:14 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hey whats up?

There's a few of us here, but we are the minority. Got some other sites you might want to check out for in depth musclecar related info- just shoot me a PM. Welcome to the site.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Neil,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Nice cars in the family. Looks like you got a couple of projects to keep you out of trouble for awhile. Like the '70 myself, but since I don't have one will be restoring my'74 as soon as I finish another project. Good luck, post some pics, and keep us up on the project(s).

James

Old 01-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:52 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to DF!!! That's a nice collection of cars you have there!!!

Dusty

Old 01-21-2006, 11:33 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

A 73 to a 71? Sounds odd, but cool! Enjoy the forums

-Matt-