New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

I hate my new SX2.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 03:40 PM
honeypig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate my new SX2.0

I hate my new car. It was the worst experience I have. The saleman was OK, but the car itself is a piece of ****. Who would expert a new car could broke down and the engine burn out in just thress days with only 200km on it? Luckily I was near one of the dealership at the time that the car broke down. I don't know what would I do if I was on the highway or sometimes during the night?? Although they fixed it for me, but I am totally lost my interest and trust with this car or any Dodge cars. I don't feel safe in this car anymore. $20,000 is not a small amounts for me, and I have to keep paying for the next 60mths for the car I don't really feel safe in. Even my life may not be in danger, but it's cost time and lots of trouble to keep fixing it. I really don't look forward to enjoy this new car at all. I felt like I have been trick into buying this car. And I am stuck with it.... So I am just telling everybody that I know not to buy any Dodge or Chrysler ever

Old 01-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: I hate my new SX2.0

Sorry to hear you had such a problem with you ride and decided to leave the Chrysler brand. Every car has its problems. The one you got may have just been a lemon. I don't think you should be so hasty in your judgement of the brand but thats your choice. Good luck finding another ride. I don't think anyone else is going to bail.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:56 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Sorry about your car, but I've had bad experiences with some of the so called "high quality" brands as well. IT happens to all of us.

Dusty

Old 01-20-2006, 09:04 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

You coming on here and bad mouthing Dodge and telling people to not buy Dodge because of your experience really doesn't work here since the people joined becaus ethey like Dodge. Every brand has their problems. And unfortunately you got a car that broke down. I never had a problem with my neon except people seemed to like to run into.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:05 PM
MGDMike
Champion

Alrighty then, I usually just say Welcome to DF but I'm gonna give it to you straight. Grow a pair and have the dealership fix it for you, with only 200km on it you should still be under warranty...der! You sound like a flamer....which I hope you are because normal people would be smart enough to know that you got a lemon of a car and you have the right to get it fixed under the warranty. Unless you said, "I don't need to stinkin warranty."

Old 01-21-2006, 11:26 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Dodge is the most reliable American manufacturer out there and Chryslers in general are very reliable. What you recieved had to have been a lemon and you should file some sort of complaint or get them to exchange it for you. I've never heard a problem from my 2 years being here that drastic, but thank heavens you were near a dealer. Also, why did you buy an economy SX for twenty grand when there's like a billion other better choices for the same price including the SRT-4? You need to develope some taste in cars if you want to flush that much down the toilet next time honeypig...

-Matt-

Old 01-22-2006, 07:04 PM
whyte69
Veteran

Sorry to hear your experience with the SX went poorly, I would personally talk to the dealership you got it from and see if you can work out some kind of deal. My experience has been if I encountered a problem under warranty, they would go to great lengths to fix things for me, even given me extra's on top of service work. I like the SX 2.0 better than my Chrysler Neon, based simply on the style of the front grille and the head and tail lights. I would have liked to have gotten my hands on an MTX SX 2.0

BTW, nice Sig ViperGTS. I hate you too

Old 01-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: honeypig

So I am just telling everybody that I know not to buy any Dodge or Chrysler ever
Why is that? Chrysler is a pretty reliable company. I really hate when people do that. I remember on another forum. Some girl bought a very used Sebring. It was probably abused by the previous owner and was not taken care of. But she continued to rant and rave about how Chrysler was the worst. All the other Sebring owners were stumped, because they never experienced problems like her.

So, because you bought a lemon, you are telling everyone not to buy a Dodge/Chrysler? Hmmm... Doesn't mean all of them are like that.

My family and I have owned 10+ Dodge/Chrysler/Mercedes vehicles and we have never had any major problems at all.

My mother's Durango has had virtually no problems.

My old Intrepid (R.I.P-wrecked), was very reliable.

My step-father's 1985 Dodge Ram Van went to 480,000 miles on the original engine and mostly all original parts... before a hurricane caused a tree to land on it.

As a matter of fact, my 2004 Dodge Neon (aka SX2.0) hasn't had one problem yet. Not even a minor problem. My "SX2.0" has been a perfect car... Going on 35,000 miles... Running strong...

Old 01-23-2006, 04:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it only had 200kM, wouldnt it have been under warranty?

Old 01-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it was covered under warranty from what was written above...

~Amanda

Quick Reply: I hate my new SX2.0