New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Member

Well, I must say I'm new to this forum, as I was looking for new exhaust headers for my 1999 Dodge ram 1500 4x4,.. I think Im cooking these ones right now.

Here's a Little background story on how I picked up this Beautiful Ram.

I decided one day that I was going to look at trucks again.. I had been considering doing so in the spring, however I just went one November afternoon to a few dealerships. I found this Ram sitting in the parking lot for $16,999 (CAN) for an extended cab, long box 4x4. exactly what I wanted. I looked at the mileage, 94800km, wow.. Not bad at all I'm thinking. This truck seems perfect. I spoke with the dealer at the time, and we worked out a trade-in value on my old car. This car was a 1992 Dodge Spirit, with well over 290,000km.

he was going to give me 3200 for it.. I'm thinking not bad, this could work out just nicely. brings it down, and the taxes would bring it up to $16,1. I went to the bank, applied for a loan.. Surprise, I got one. So I got the cheque, went home to remove all the stuff from my car and then drive it to the dealership to part with her for my new truck. I leave home to drive down to the dealership and WHAM. T-boned by another car. WTF.. No way.. My luck cant possibly be this bad. the front end got messed up pretty badly. bent hood, broken lamps, grille destroyed.,etc.

So.. now I have to put off getting my truck for a few days while the Insurance claim goes through..
Meanwhile I went back to the dealership (Car was still driveable O_O) explained the situation, and they were happily obliging to let me hold off on purchasing the truck for another two days.

Once I got the insurance claim, the dealer told me that he'd still let me have the truck for the same price as if I had the trade.. so even better.. I get my insurance money and a new truck.

After I purchased the truck, I went and got some dual 3" exhaust put on, Tinted the back window, and Put in a K&N Filter, superchip, etc. just the basics. Apparently the old stock Muffler was crapped out anyways, and the cat converter was completely shot. (not like we need it up here anyways), we dont have those clean air laws that make it MANDATORY for us to run CATs.

I bought a low profile toolbox for the truck so that I could choose between a Tonneau cover, Canopy, or Rollbars for it. Then I had my box sprayed. When I was getting the box sprayed the outfit doing the job called me several times asking a few questions about it.. They wanted to know if I wanted the 5th wheel hitch holes left open. wtf.. I have the holes? Oh yes leave them open.. Ok, then they asked if I wanted the power unit left out ,. What I have that in the box too, Sweet.. yes.. leave it out I'll put it back in later. .. I then asked for them to bolt the box down while the spray was still tacky. It would be sealed tight, and wouldnt move then.

I couldnt get the pushbar at the time as it would have taken 2 weeks to get in., and I was only on vacation so I put it off, same as the canopy, leftkit, and rims and wheels.

This all will happen this spring hopefully.

So I guess I should Introduce Monique. (56k killer)

Old 03-10-2006, 12:58 AM
MGDMike
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Member

Monique is one dirtly girl!! Welcome to DF now kick off your shoes and stay awhile!

Old 03-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker

yeah, thanks, .that dirt is only from the highways...

I hav't taken her offroad.

also Im a smoker,. and I REFUSE to smoke inside her.. I will suffer out in the cold before I smoke in her.

Oh yeah, I also added a new (this years model) alpine deck to her as well. couldnt believe the deck only cost 300can, when its at least 500 anywhere else.

Old 03-10-2006, 10:11 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Monique, nice name for a pretty rig, even if she does need a bath.

James

Old 03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!!!

Dusty

Old 03-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

WElcome to the site.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker

quick story on how I gave her the name..

If I took my first and last name, along with dodge ram... I removed all the pairs of letters. and came out with mownag. now mownag would sound like monique in some way.

So far I must say I do enjoy the forums here, and I hope to help where I can, and I will be asking more questions than I should.

Old 03-11-2006, 02:16 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Welcome to DF. Just some FYI, breaks are at 10:00 and 3:00, Lunch at 12:00. The cafateria is closed after 5:00 and the bathroom is the 2nd door on the left

Quick Reply: New Member