New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Converted to Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Mag Dad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converted to Dodge

I have owned nothing but GM's specifically Cadillac’s for the past 10 years almost. Although I still have a pristine 89 Camaro RS garage kept and stored I bought when it was only 2 years old. Anyway, my vehicle just before my Magnum RT was a Cadillac STS. After nothing but huge bills every few months or so I had enough. A friend of mine has always been a Dodge fan and I have to admit in the last few years I have been noticing some impressive models. The Magnum is one of them combined with the Hemi power plant is a no brainer once I drove it. Fortunately I got an 05 with just less than 400 miles on it with the navigation system and many other bells too. So after going through several pages of the forum I am fortunate to have the longer power train warranty than the 06's and had just under 10k chopped off the price before I went for the kill on what I would pay for an 05 even though it's virtually brand new. I love the car and have to say the Northstar may have won awards but it was sluggish in comparison to the Hemi. Although everyone is different I find the interior scheme well laid out and pleasing to the eye. The fit and finish is tight and doesn't come off as artificial plastic wood phony wood grain glitz the Cadillac has become. There were so many things that bugged me from humidity in the tail lenses to overpriced maintenance costs as designed by GM. The last straw was the shock absorbers for the car that were priced out of this world. I have to wonder about the load leveling system option for the Magnum as well. It’s got to be painful to see how much these shocks are as well which is why I wouldn’t have wanted this option at all. What it does and what you get for it isn’t worth it. Nonetheless the Cadillac quality is gone along time ago and they just don’t compare to what Dodge is putting out now. I also like the Charger and am intrigued by the Daytona to be released next year. While I never thought I would like the appeal of a "wagon" this is the exception due to its head turning tweaking of design. I was a member of a Cadillac forum site that was filled full of knowledgeable folks like you guys appear to be but noticed one negative denominator. Most were always looking to resolve and diagnose technical glitches that likely turn into another expensive expense regardless of the model. There is no substitute for raw horsepower from the factory and combined with the overall design and finish this car is the best I have owned although it's just coming up to a month with it. I thought it would be hard to walk away from a Cadillac but once I actually drove the Magnum which is also better suited for my lifestyle, I will not look back again at GM. I look forward to being a member of this forum and think it looks impressive from the first 15 pages I have combed over.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:26 PM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Default RE: Converted to Dodge

youve got one helluva grocery getter! welcome to dodge forum!

Old 06-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Old 06-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Mag Dad

Thanks Dudes! God bless the USA as well, I am also American and plan on moving to Vegas in a few years. Good to see an awsome site like this for Dodge!

Old 06-10-2006, 10:15 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum and enjoy!

Dusty

Old 06-11-2006, 01:42 AM
yakkier
Banned