New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Chevy guy rethinking loyalties.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 05:25 PM
sxtram37
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chevy guy rethinking loyalties.

get the srt-10, it'll be worth it !

Old 08-30-2004, 06:05 PM
IceFreak

yeah get the srt they fun to drive and u will get alot of plp wantin to race u

Old 08-30-2004, 10:41 PM
rsp626

Hey man I made the transition, and I have to say it was for the better. I've been a Chevy man since I could crawl. But now I have my HEMI, I can't see me going back. Plus the new Chevys look terrible. Go for the SRT-10, you'll be gald you did.

Old 08-31-2004, 04:22 AM
GPS_Flex

Ok, if the warranty is void if you put a tow hitch on it, that puts a big damper on things for me. If I can’t tow my jet ski with it, I won’t buy it.[sm=smiley19.gif]

I sent an email to the dealer who thinks I’m the greatest thing since peanut butter (because I promised to let him drive it if I custom order one) asking him about it.

I’ll let you know what I find out.

Anyone have the specs on the 2005 Quad cab? 0 to 60 in what? How does it compare to other trucks?
[sm=smiley23.gif]

Old 08-31-2004, 05:53 PM
IceFreak

i think u cold tow ur jet ski becouse they r not that neavy but i woudent tow anithing on the srt-10 before chekin how much it weights

Old 09-02-2004, 05:49 AM
emrobin

I recently took the pludge from GMC to Dodge. I bought a 2004 Durango Limited, of course with the 5.7L Hemi. Let me just say I should have kept the GMC. The Durango has almost spent as much time in the shop as it has in my driveway. They look great, but they obviously didn't put them together very well. The service department representative just laughed and told me that's what I get for buying the first year after a remodel. I wasn't laughing. Nothing like dropping almost $40K on a piece of junk and having the dealership laugh at you after the fact. This may be my last Dodge purchase ever. I was considering buy a Ram SRT after I get my Grand Am paid off, but this experience has been horrible. Stick with the Chevy. You'll have far less problems.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Mad Hemi

OW! I got 3 good years out of my '01 Dakota and I'm hoping I get the same quality out of my new Ram.
I'm a Chevy lover as well - Chevy CARS.
Dodge just makes a better looking and more powerful truck so it's a no-brainer as far as I am concerned.
Got my Camaro in the garage and the Hemi in the driveway.

Quick Reply: Chevy guy rethinking loyalties.