New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Chevy guy rethinking loyalties.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 11:59 PM
GPS_Flex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy guy rethinking loyalties.

Hi everyone.

I’m here because I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a new 2005 Ram SRT-10.

I’ve always been a Chevy guy but Dodge is just cranking out some amazing vehicles now days and I’m almost convinced my next vehicle will be the Ram SRT-10.

Old 08-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion
Default RE: Chevy guy rethinking loyalties.

Welcome!! Excellent choice you are making!! Glad to have you aboard![sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Karen

Old 08-30-2004, 12:54 AM
GPS_Flex

Thanks for the welcome Karen.

I’d probably be in the market for the new 2005 Power Wagon but my job no longer requires me to go off road as I’ve been relegated to the dregs of a desk, phone, computer and air conditioning. Something just isn’t right when I have to wear a flannel or sweat shirt indoors when it’s 100° + outside. The money is a lot better so I’m not complaining too much.

I’m a Land Surveyor by trade and now that I’m one of those office geeks who hasn’t been off road for nearly 4 years and is making nearly twice as much money as I did in the field, I’m thinking it’s time for a street machine.

The SRT-10 meets my desire for a truck and my desire for a performance car all at the same time. It’s the best of both worlds. I can still look cool driving a truck while enjoying some of the street performance I’ve always dreamed of.

I can just imagine the discourse it will cause among my fellow Corvette lover friends when I show up in a truck that will smoke them in their souped up Vettes.

If I’m going to be forced to adapt to a new lifestyle with new co-workers and friends, I’m going to do it my way; a truck that will blow the doors off of most sports cars is just what the doctor ordered.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

That's awsome!! Wish I had a job that requires me to drive around and then offroad I am a chevy person also. Some days it's equal but lately I prefer Dodge over anything! I personally think they are pretty good offroading I never was much for speed. I'm glad I got my dodge. I am very happy with it and bought it so it will be mine forever . So that's one thing and the second thing that makes me happy is playing fiddle tunes on my violin.

Karen

Old 08-30-2004, 03:21 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Outstanding!! I love hearing about people reforming... LOL! The SRT-10 is an outstanding vehicle... doesn't tow... I'm sure you know that, but who cares?! It's for going FAST!! Welcome aboard!! I hope you visit us here often!! What are you currently driving?

~Amanda

Old 08-30-2004, 09:29 AM
IceFreak

welcomed and i hope u can get ur srt-10 they are great trucks and they ride smooth on the streets btw wut are u driving?

Old 08-30-2004, 09:37 AM
GPS_Flex

Currently, I’m driving a 1997 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4. It’s been a great truck but I’m itching for something new that’ll turn a few heads.

I’ve got a jet ski but I could tow that with a Volkswagen and the SRT-10 does have a 4-pin tow harness so it’ll tow the only thing that I plan on hitching to it.

Thanks for the welcome Amanda. Cool site you have here.

Old 08-30-2004, 11:30 AM
begood
Rookie

The SRT-10 is soooo fun to drive. I just drove mine into work today smiling all the way. I was a good boy and only pulled one first, second, third gear run. you will be sooooo glad you got one.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I understand, hitching anything to it voids the warranty... underneath the rear bumper should be a decal saying that if you place a hitch on the truck, the truck's warranty will be void. The Ram SRT-10 Regular Cab has a tow rating of 900 Lbs. The 2005 Quad Cab SRT-10 can tow however... it'll have a transmission made for it... 48RE automatic, it allows for the Ram SRT-10 QC to tow up to 7,500 Lbs. Why? The six-speed manual in the current SRT-10 Regualr Cab is straight out of the Dodge Viper (T-56). The automatic from the Cummins HD and 600 Diesels, allows different shift points as well as capability to tow more with the gearing it has.

Phew... enough tech talk. I hope you do end up with a Dodge... we'd love to have you onboard with us. LOL!

Also, thank you for the kudos on this site... we work very hard at it.

~Amanda

Old 08-30-2004, 04:34 PM
CalHemi
Veteran

Do what I did to satisfy both cravings, My first ride was a 67 Camaro SS 350, Second a Dodge D-100, 20 years later I bought a 2004 Hemi, to haul parts for the 48 Cehvy Street rod under contruction in my garage. Best of both worlds if I say so myself.

Quick Reply: Chevy guy rethinking loyalties.