Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

supercharger upgrades????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger upgrades????

I currently have a 2004 Dodge Neon SXT that I am trying to pay off so that I can get a better car. The two cars I have been looking at the most are an SRT-4 or a 2003/2004 SVT Cobra "Terminator". If I go with the Terminator I need some options on supercharger upgrades. The stock Eaton supercharger that comeswith it is nice, but most people upgrade to wither Whipple Twin-Screw superchargers or Kenne Bell Twin-Screw superchargers. However then there are Centrifugal systems that not a lot of people seem to have on their Cobra's and I have done a good bit of research on both kinds of supercharger but I am still confused. So far it appears that Centrifugal kits come with Air-to-Air intercoolers which are supposedly better than Air-to-Water intercoolers, and twin-screw superchargers all come with air-to-water.

1) Can you use an air-to-air intercooler with a twin screw supercharger?

I know that Centrifugal kits act more like turbos in that they have a lower boost at lower RPM's and make more boost and power at higher RPM's. Twin-Screw kits offer A lot of boost at lower RPM's and then maintain a consistant boost throughout thr RPM range, not continuously gaining like centrifugal kits.

2) Would a daily driver street Cobra Terminator benefit more from a Centrifugal or Twin-Screw supercharger?

(I know there are both single and twin-turbo options for Cobras in the aftermarket, but I would really like to stick with a supercharger if I get a Cobra)

(Oh, and if you are wondering why I am asking these questions here it is becuase on both forums that I registerded for about Cobras I never recieved a validation e-mail. I can log in and stuff but I cannot post or pm anybody [:@])

Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: supercharger upgrades????

if you go with the svt which has the nice set up keep the stock charger. most people just put a different size pulley on it to gain more. it is cheaper and still holds the factory warrenty.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:08 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supercharger upgrades????

Cool thanks for the opinion. I would probably want 600rwhp MAX. Anywhere from 500-600rwhp would be a good range for me. I heard you can get 500 from headers, catted x pipe, cat-back exhaust, Cold air intake, Diablosport tune module and smaller pulley. The only problem I can think of with the smaller pulley is that there is the possibility of the belt slipping. I don't know how much an underdrive pulley would help with performance but doesn't it hurt all of the auxiliery type of functions of the car? (ie A/C, headlights, power windows, etc.). I have seen a lot of vids of cobras with the KB or whipple superchargers or turbo upgradesmaking 600-750rwhp, and I think that that would prolly be too much.I just want a car that would be able to beat most everything else from a dig and from a roll. I would really like to be able to beat my friend's dad's 06 Z06 but I think the Z06 is lighter so I would prolly need about 550rwhp or so for that.

Quick Reply: supercharger upgrades????