Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Supercharger vs. Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah_I_Got_A_HEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supercharger vs. Twin Turbo

I say once again that we are talking average. He said most superchargers top out at 7-12 psi. I would have to agree that most superchargers have a safe operating range of about 6-15 psi.

And RoadRunner, I read the posts. There were people right before me still pursuing the "multiple supercharger" and other such subjects that had already been discussed and disproved, so I was further reiterating myself by restating my own previous arguements. They, not I, were the ones not to read the posts.

I'm trying my best to stay on everyones good side while making my point at the same time. The last thing I want to do is **** people off by simply making a comment.

P.S. I'm past 50 posts now, so when do I get my next star

Old 07-08-2005, 06:25 PM
AA?FA

great Discussion.

The Blowers used on the C5 and C6 vette's around PHX usally are Pro-Charges. They mount in Passenger front area. Sweet looking and after ECM flash they are scary.

The Pic 71 put up is clean.

The TF and FC guys in the past tried Turbos/w and wo nitrous to remove LAG. woked well but NHRA finally out lawed every thing but the 426 style Hemi.

The drag boat guys even spun the compressor wheel with nitrous.

The biggest deal for TF and FC would be the loss of the sound that is best part of the sport.

The fuel systems on TF and FC are big sprinklers systems the Import guys are way more technical !

Any body ever seen a blower by pass system were they use both Turbos and Blowers.
Blowers to start and spin the turbos then when turbos make enough boost they put boost on top and under blower so equal pressure causing the hp used to spin blower then becomes much less.

Many large Diesel engines use this we tried to plumb it ont he AA/FA but it was huge mess.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:31 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

link to a mini cooper that is turbo'd and blown.

300hp MCS

Old 07-10-2005, 04:03 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

that things crazy

Old 07-10-2005, 07:44 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

that is turbo'd and blown.
I didn't know that was possible. That Mini's seats look good btw.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:10 AM
kmil579

I have a 2003 Ram QC with 5.7 and 99 Jeep GC with 4.7. Both are stock and I want to put SC on them. Any recommendations on whose I should look at? I see that GS has one for the Ram and Kenne Bell wont be making one for the 2003 Ram but I also see that STS makes a TC for it. I am confused on which would be better for my Ram. I havent begun to look for GC because I want to do Ram first. Thanks

Old 10-20-2005, 04:26 AM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quick couple of points, while multiple tubos and superchargers are all well and good if you take a look at their respective niches(import for TC, domestic for SC) you'll find even on the pro strips they most commonly only use one(1) unit. The current NIRA record holder is a turboed celica running a single turbocharger setup just like virtually every other car out there, oh, and it uses a lexus v8 like the previous record holder, a solara. While on the domestic side everyone runs superchargers. Neither is better, they are parallel lines of research. Most turboed cars running around a T62 also have a wet setup NOS system, that's how they deal with turbo lag. While I've heard of NOS systems on blown vehicles to get a little more on the top end. Single systems are best in each for varying reasons, with turbos it's all displacement, you try to cram a bunch of huge turbos into a car and you'll be lucky if they do a thing for it because there just can't be enough displacement available for them. While putting multiple superchargers on a car is ridiculous because of their parasitic nature. The top performing cars on both sides have large single units supported by a wet setup NOS system to compensate.
As for the guys talking about the stratus R/T, it's an eclipse engine, turboing isn't going to break your bank. There are plenty of turbos available for the v6 eclipse, all you're really looking at is a bunch of custom piping and as any tuner from the import side knows custom piping is better anyways, few serious enthusiasts buy the kit due to the lackluster I/C that is usually included. Up until recently I was driving a 99 Altima with a 02 spec-v engine, so I know a little about the other side.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:29 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

If your buddy is pushin a 20g turbo PAT that is a very good turbo for high horsepower and a lot of boost...bet it even takes a while to spool up ... I would imagine it would take the MIRADA...no offense but if it does it does. Is this a twin turbo s/u on a v6 or 4 cyl? Or single turbo?? Does he ***you Have pics of this monster??

Old 11-10-2005, 02:07 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

tell me thats a typo???? why would you ditch the ka24de for the horrible spec-v motor....when turbo kits are made for it and easier to deal w/...I had a 99 nissan altima gxe 5speed and wouldnt have swapped that motor in....if there was any motor that would be in it it would be the sr20det....

Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 PM
X_Spearmint
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know much about the QR25DE? It produces 170hp stock, more than the SR20DE puts out, and weighs half as much as the KA24DE that puts out even less. Plus it hadn't been done. That's probably the biggest reason, it's a good motor and the swap hadn't been done.

Quick Reply: Supercharger vs. Twin Turbo