Ferd enemy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Hemiriden
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ferd enemy?

I've been reading a lot of forums lately and have noticed majority of the people are against Ferds... but I have yet to hear and bad claims of Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, ect.... just was wondering if Dodge owners declared war on Ferds...or ifI am just missing all the attacks on other truck manufacturers.... Just curious!

Old 08-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ferd enemy?

to be honest. . .most of the ford nuts I run into will not discuss any other vehicle other than a ford product. they are also some of the worst when it comes to blind faith in a product, just to some research on the 6.0 power stroke fiasco. Now I'm not saying all ford owners are that way, I just seem to run into them more than any other brand. And yes you do have the same here, as well as the chevy sites.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Mlfoote

I am not an enemie of Ford by any means in fact when I was looking at trucks I was dead set on Ford. Until of course I got into my Dodge and drove it fell in love with it on the spot.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:22 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

truefully i think ford look badass. But I really dont think the brand of truck is going to make a difference. It kind of like the mx industry.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:40 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

yeah...i'm sure their product is just horrible since they've had the number one selling truck for the last 20+ years...

Old 08-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Whenever I talk to someone who likes ford it's just infuriating. Most people (not all, but by far the majority I've met) who are Ford fans are so rabidly in love with Ford that they will say anything to try and put down another brand or one-up them. Often it's not even true. I've met people like this for every brand but it seems like Ford is by far the worst with this.

I'm also a bit biased given that I grew up on Dodge and GM, my parents own an electrical contracting company that my grandfather owned before them. As long as I can remember all the company trucks have been GM and Dodge save for one Ford that was a pretty lousy truck compared to our other trucks. I've personally owned 2 GMC's and one Chevy as well as an Acura and an Isuzu (last two weren't trucks). My best friend used to have a Ford, it was a decent truck, I just don't like them anywhere near as much as the other two. As for the foreign brands I wouldn't be likely to consider them if I'm looking for a truck. Honda's doesn't even count (I don't know what that thing is really...), Nissan's is decent but eh, and Toyota's is very over-hyped in my opinion.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I've owned vehicles from seven different auto makers. But I've owned more Dodges than any other brand. #2 is Ford. Last is Chevy.

Dusty

Old 08-22-2007, 08:54 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Drew

to be honest. . .most of the ford nuts I run into will not discuss any other vehicle other than a ford product. they are also some of the worst when it comes to blind faith in a product, just to some research on the 6.0 power stroke fiasco. Now I'm not saying all ford owners are that way, I just seem to run into them more than any other brand. And yes you do have the same here, as well as the chevy sites.
+1

Most Ford guys are like Mustang owners.....loud and obnoxious.....and really cant back most of their claims up. Dont get me wrong, it's mostly a generalization. All automakers have their share of problems and diehard nutjobs, but for the most part, Ford is king of the nutjob aspect. It's pretty evident if you visit some of the Mustang forums on the net.

Chevy makes some really good vehicles, but they also make some crappy ones. The 2nd best diesel is a Chevy....behind a Dodge.

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

yeah...i'm sure their product is just horrible since they've had the number one selling truck for the last 20+ years...
Hey, great marketing will sell anything, just look at that stupid Tornado item. The truth is, Ford may be the #1 seller of trucks, but they are selling base model trucks, not the fully loaded ones like Chevy, Dodge, and even Nissan & Toyota. The hard reality is that you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink it. Dodge & GMC/Chevy have tried that for years, but the horses keep on dying of thirst on those Fords....

Old 08-23-2007, 12:11 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Hey, great marketing will sell anything, just look at that stupid Tornado item. The truth is, Ford may be the #1 seller of trucks, but they are selling base model trucks, not the fully loaded ones like Chevy, Dodge, and even Nissan & Toyota. The hard reality is that you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink it. Dodge & GMC/Chevy have tried that for years, but the horses keep on dying of thirst on those Fords....
I disagree, true great marketing can sell anything but for this long? I don't think so, eventually people would give up on them. And true the tornado can sell, but has it been the top seller in its category for 20+ years? They do also sell loaded vehicles. The off road package is just as loaded as the laramie. They even offer the King Ranch, probably the nicest loaded truck i've ever driven, ever even sat in.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:59 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hemiriden

I've been reading a lot of forums lately and have noticed majority of the people are against Ferds... but I have yet to hear and bad claims of Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, ect.... just was wondering if Dodge owners declared war on Ferds...or ifI am just missing all the attacks on other truck manufacturers.... Just curious!
Then you obviously haven't read too many of my posts. I probably criticize Toyota the most, I criticize Mitsubishi quite a bit, I don't pay much attention to Honda, I do criticize some GM products; however, I will criticize Chrysler when I believe they are wrong. I do criticize Ford as well. Between Ford and GM, it's a toss up which one I like better.

Quick Reply: Ferd enemy?