spied pontiac g8

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: spied pontiac g8

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

keep in mind, guys who have gotten some seat time (like stripper motorsports) have gotten their SRT8s into the 12s...stock..and theya re well into the 12s stock with just better skins...those huge wheels slow them down too much. not to mention, with some shopping and connections, you can get an srt8 for not much more than 35k...

i actually expected alot better than 14.1...i would hope that the mtx is quicker than that when it comes out...
Eh that would be because I posted up the wrong numbers.

This comes from a webpage called the Worlds Fastest Sedans - http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/ht...re_ssv_ve.html

Holden Commodore SS-V which will become the Pontiac G8
LSD - RWD - nasty
362hp/391ftlbs torque
V8
6spd auto/manual
3900lbs
0-60 in 5.4 sec
1/4 mile = 12.5 @ 118mph

*this particular configuration gains 40hp with a quick tuning of the computer*

G8 GXP-LS3/LSA?
While there have obviously been no official on-the-record comments regarding the possibility of a 2009 G8 GXP, I don't think anyone doubts the likelihood. Sources inside both GM North America and GM Holden Australia confirm that an uplevel HSV Spec GXP is on the horizon for the second model year of the G8 (as has been the trend with Pontiac in the past, with the introduction of the Solstice, G6, and Torrent). Sources say the powerplant is still up in the air, though it's possible it will be the 6.2L 425-plus horsepower LS3

Quoted from GM Performance website

Old 09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

meh..like i said...when i find one of the middle aged guys who can show me his tail lights, ill start worrying about them...

new base vettes are supposed to run mid to high 12s stock with an autotrans...i know a few owners, and i go to the track alot...wanna know how many ive seen at the track (including the owners i know around the country)? 1...he ran low 13s all day.

i dont follow your comment about the 40hp gain? are you saying that the test model was tuned for 40 more hp? i would hope that it is, because otherwise, in no way do i believe that it will trap 118mph. LS2 gtos dont trap anywhere near that in stock form, and they have 400bhp.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:56 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I honestly think both numbers are wrong, because I would think it would be more of a midrange 13.3-13.6 then a 14+ number. I'm almost willing to bet that the 12.5 number is from the HSV model...

It's not the exact same motor as the LS2's.....L76 6.0L V-8, which is modified to basically become an L98.....and these are the low end models... the HSV model is even more powerful

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._g8/index.html

You also forget that the gear's on the GTO were horrible.....3.46's...

The G8 will have 2.92's on the 6spd auto and 3.27 on the 6spd manual....and it's got a 4+ gear in 1st....

Old 09-05-2007, 04:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

trap speed can be figured out bya function of weight and horsepower, which is how HP calculators can estimate hp by using weight ans trap speed.keep in mind, the C6 base only traps in the 112 range (LS2)...with the Z06 in the 125 range.(LS7) if the G8 has less power and weighs more than the base vette, i dont see how an automatic model could trap anywhere near 118...

im not sure what you mean about the gearing be terrible for the GTO? a 3.46 rear is much better than the other two for acceleration...

Old 09-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Importkiller1

an article on road and track mentioning the car :

http://www.g8power.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135

Quick Reply: spied pontiac g8