Toyota Copying Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:59 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toyota Copying Dodge?

ORIGINAL: scg87

NEWSFLASH- It prolly also has much better build quality and such to go along w/ it.
Shows you how little you know about quality when something is "made in america"... and thats where this look-a-like will be produced(if it comes to pass).

The reality of it is this... if you and I are the assemblers, and lets say Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Ford, GM and the others all give us piles of parts to make their cars... do you really think that we are going to put them together any differently just because of their labels? I know I wouldnt. And since the QC guys are also our friends, neighbors and co-workers they get tired of corporate BS just as easily as we do so they let the same crap get through too. This leads us to today and explains why there are so many more problems with the all-mighty-supposedly super reliable toyotas of today(and the others)that are made in america, than there were with the ones of 20 years ago that were actually made in japan(or germany or wherever). Even most of the parts are stamped and made here too or farmed out to the same suppliers that serve the rest of the manus. So nearly everybody expereinces similar defects across the board. Its all about who is better at hiding it and for how long.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:58 AM
scg87
Veteran

^ Really???? Go tell that to all the quality rating groupsand consumer review and report guides. Toyota, and Japaneses cars in general, have better build-quality than American cars. That's not opinion, it's FACT......

Old 02-03-2008, 02:38 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

apparently you have been hiding under some rock for the last few years and have totally missed all of the 100's of thousands of recalls that toyota, mitsu and the others have had. Toyota alone has had literally had to recall millions of cars and trucks for a variety of things... from defective camshafts, cam position sensors all the way to fuel lines and such.

And damn near 80% of the people on this forum know that consumer reports is about as bogus as a 3 dollar bill when it comes to their opinions...their obviouslybiased towards toyota, probly getting a big fat paycheck everytime their nose grows longer..

Old 02-03-2008, 03:23 AM
scg87
Veteran

That's just swell. But what do recalls for camshafts, sensors, and fuel lines have to do w/ interior quality????? Everymanufacturer has it's recalls. I worked at a dealer that sold both new GM AND Dodge, and they both have recalls and problems out the *** w/ various wehicles. That's nothing new. And it has no bearing on the fact that the Japanese have nicer, better put togehter interiors than their American competition.

As for the consumer reports, you do realize that it's CONSUMERS reporting, right???? Not some company or road test reviewer. It's feedback from the people who have bought the cars. I kinda doubt Toyota is paying off everyone who has a bought a car from them to give good reviews on their products......

Old 02-03-2008, 03:02 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

whatever dude and you probly think that the neilson ratings really represents what america watches on TV too... and who was talking about the interior anyway... they all look cheap and plasticey.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Dakota_24

ORIGINAL: scg87
As for the consumer reports, you do realize that it's CONSUMERS reporting, right????
You're kidding; right?!?! Consumer Reports is done in a lab; by so-called "Professionals"! Its a report done FOR consumers, not BY consumers!

Old 02-04-2008, 03:20 AM
scg87
Veteran

^ Okay, I must be confused as to which product reporter is which, then. My apologies. I was referring to the wrong one.....[&o]

Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Axe07
Rookie

While I love my 97 Ram (and by "love" I mean - "I wanted an 08 Mustang and had to trade something in, either my Titan or FJ Cruiser, so I traded in the Titan but still needed a pickup so I bought a beater Dodge"), Ill bet the farm that my 07 Toyota FJC (100% made in Japan) at 200,000 miles will have far lessin repair bills and down time than anything Dodge puts out this year. Sorry, Ive always been a Chrysler/Dodge guy (blindly devoted) and its all crap.

Guy at work just bought a new Silverado. Hes had it 5 months and the starter went, left him stranded. But hey, his great grandfather had a Chevy, his grandfather had aChevy andhis dadhas a Chevy.Another guy just bought a new Envoy, and the dealer cant figure out where the waters coming into the cabin when it rains. GM crap.

Quick Reply: Toyota Copying Dodge?