Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 07-17-2008, 09:59 AM
thestealth
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toyota Quality

Couldn't you at least post a short review for the videos you post, so others can decide if it's something we want to waste our time with...

...also, isn't there a video section?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

The title says it all...

Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 AM
spencea15
Record Breaker

that is bad, but i do not like either of the new trucks, at least the Tacoma is smother then my truck.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:03 PM
thestealth
Champion

Having never ridden in the new Tacoma myself, it's hard to have an opinion. I have to ask, how smooth does one expect a 3/4ton truck ride on a concrete highway? Most of the trucks I've ridden in, do not ride Cadillac smooth with no load.

Edit: ...and Toyota's response of "just add 600lbs to the bed" is pretty damn asinine.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:15 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The first 2 videos are crap, as he's even saying the roads are bumpy. Now, I know first hand that some Tundras are experiencing this, but those videos are completely biased. More to the point, trucks are LIGHT in the rear....especially 1500 series trucks. Hell my club cab Dakota would bounce like that on bad roads.....

More to the point, what was his tire pressure set at? What was the condition of the road he was on? How had he driven his truck prior to making that video??? If he had went to a dealer, picked up a new truck, and showed us this....filming the whole thing....it would show more proof....

Too many of those things can be manipulated by other factors then the truck...

Link #3.....

Danny of Waycross GA (07/11/08)
I have a 2000 Tundra that I purchased from the Toyota dealer in Waycross.Truck had 85k miles. The day I bought it had to have a complete brake job,turn rotors and new pads. Within 5k miles shaking was back. I lived with it until it got real bad. Turned rotors again, lasted 3 k this time. I then went to a private garage and had high performance rotors,calpers, and pads put on at a cost of 1000 bucks. At 102k was going on a long trip and the steering became very difficult and wobbly. Took it to the dealer when I got home and it needed new ball joints. I had the job done at a private garage for around 600 bucks (dealer wanted much more). The brakes made it 12k this time and rotors are warped again and I said the heck with it. The tranny now has the famous clunk in it. I feel like Toyota is totally ignoring us folks with these known defects. The bad thing is I had a 05 Tundra before this one that was a horrible piece of junk and I was stupid enough to buy another one after getting rid of the 05! Oh what I feeling, Toyota, NEVER again!!
Dude bought a used vehicle....and almost immediately had to replace brakes/rotors.... 1000 bucks for pads and rotors??? Horse****... Most OEM brakes/rotors are **** anyhow....doesnt matter if its Toyota or Dodge...

This is hilarious to me because he's talking about a used vehicle like it should behave like a new one....

Chase, I'm not saying Toyota's perfect, cuz I've seen some of their real issues in front of me....but these 3 links are relatively biased...

Old 07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: thestealth

Having never ridden in the new Tacoma myself, it's hard to have an opinion. I have to ask, how smooth does one expect a 3/4ton truck ride on a concrete highway? Most of the trucks I've ridden in, do not ride Cadillac smooth with no load.

Edit: ...and Toyota's response of "just add 600lbs to the bed" is pretty damn asinine.
Toyota's response to that is hilarious, and I would sue them for their stupidity alone.....but big trucks arent meant to be cars....and ride like a Cadillac as you said...

Old 07-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Just showing they arent the car gods, people think they are. Also, its hard to find un-biased complaints about a vehicle.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:34 PM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Just showing they arent the car gods people think they are.
Do Jewish people like Toyota's?

Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

*shakes head*... we cant even have a serious automobile discussion here, without being getting off topic as soon as threads start.

Quick Reply: Toyota Quality