TRD Maniac

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good lord that's hideous...

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
I'm not assuming, you do make numerous comments about cars being ugly. The Dodge part however was an exaggeration.

Nonetheless, this vehicle is more about showing capabilities then necessarily production. A production pickup with 14" of suspension travel and a supercharged V6 that could still get say 20mpg would be very impressive....

Can we say new Dakota maybe?
Dodge tries to sell me a Toy with a Dakota badge on it and they've just assured I'll never set foot in a Dodge dealer again. As it is a lot of the Dodges I like seem to already be gone by the wayside or heading that way. The new Rams are sweet but I don't need two trucks.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Altair
Good lord that's hideous..

Dodge tries to sell me a Toy with a Dakota badge on it and they've just assured I'll never set foot in a Dodge dealer again. As it is a lot of the Dodges I like seem to already be gone by the wayside or heading that way. The new Rams are sweet but I don't need two trucks.
I was saying if Dodge built something like this, it would be quite interesting to see.... not putting a Dodge logo on it!!!! I'm crazy, but I'm not nuts!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:23 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ugly? Yes.
Good for off-road? Heck yea!

Ugly... ya know, knock Toyota as much as you want for bland styling, ugly trucks (I'm not fond of their trucks "styling" what so ever!) but... I see a lot more new Toyota trucks on the road than I do new Dakotas and 4th Gen Rams. I don't consider either to be "awesome looking." Silverados are better than 4th Gen Rams/Dakotas.

Oh... and what company needed to claim bankruptcy, and which one suffered their only loss since 1938? (Apparently someone is doing their job... and than someone else isn't)

Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The new Silverado is Butt ugly too. What genius came up with those huge, hideous, corner bumper pieces? Very stupid looking, painted or chrome. The GMC version looks better since it doesn't use them, but not real attractive either. For some reason,to me, newer GM trucks just look cheap/weak to me. They don't look like they are ready to work. Too soft, I guess. Even the big 3500 series GM's have IFS instead of a solid axle. Weak.

As for the TuRD, that supercharged V6 is going to had a little trouble keeping up with the Raptor's 500hp 6.2L V8

Old 07-18-2009, 10:44 AM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

Yeah I am not feeling the look to say the least.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:03 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by lxman1

As for the TuRD, that supercharged V6 is going to had a little trouble keeping up with the Raptor's 500hp 6.2L V8
Actually, the Toyotas are already the fastest truck in its class...as it's a Tacoma, not a Tundra...

And it's still a Ford that weighs WAY too much...

Old 07-18-2009, 10:55 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

True, I think you need a CDL to drive a new F150

Old 07-18-2009, 11:12 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

What the Iron Man races in Baja has almost nothing in common with what TuRD sells on their lots. I, too, think it is seriously ugly and can admit to hating Toyota, after having been a Toyota tech. However, the last gen Tacoma was a very good-looking little truck. This new Tacoma, in all versions, has got to be the ugliest pickup in history. Scary thing is that Suzuki got their pickup from Nissan and copied the Tacoma, lock-stock-n-barrel.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:57 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing reminds me of a Tonka truck for some reason...

Old 07-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TOYota.... explains it all.

Quick Reply: TRD Maniac