Does Chevy have new ss suv?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 09:26 PM
dubvipers
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Chevy have new ss suv?

hey, just this week near one of the busy roads in town, i have spotted an SUV from Chevrolet that badges itself SS and it was brand new, and it was the large suv, which i forgot it's name

Old 11-27-2005, 09:46 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Default RE: Does Chevy have new ss suv?

Probably the 2006 TrailBlazer SS..I was reading about it in Truck Trend magazine the other day. It sais in the mag that it has 395hp@6000rpm for a nice little price $32,605.00

Old 11-28-2005, 10:34 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

ss suv
Super sucky stupid useless vehicle. It all makes sense now Chevy.

Yeah Dubvipers, it was more then likely a new TrailBlazer.

-Matt-

Old 11-28-2005, 10:49 PM
redriderbob
Banned

Now that sales of the mid-size Chevy ute have softened, resulting in mega discounts at dealers around the country, the bow-tie division is attempting to inject some sex appeal with this SS derivative. The main selling point is the installation of the Corvette's LS2 6.0-liter V-8 engine, making a solid 391 hp and 395 lb-ft of torque--enough to motivate the truck from 0 to 60 mph in 5.7 seconds.

To make sure that the truck isn't just about straight-line go, GM's High Performance Vehicle Operations tuned the suspension and upgraded the brakes. The SS features stiffer springs, an inch lower ride height, and thicker anti-roll bars, as well as standard StabiliTrak stability control. Larger, 12.8-inch diameter front brake discs are fitted, allied to new iron twin-piston calipers, while the monster twenty-inch aluminum wheels have 255/50 V-rated tires. The SS actually looks pretty mean and serious, thanks to more aggressive fascias, a black mesh grille, body color trim, and removal of exterior cladding. Inside, the SS gets a new instrument cluster, front bucket seats, a T-shaped shifter, and leather-wrapped steering wheel. Cloth seats are standard, while leather is optional. The SS comes with rear-wheel drive--a limited slip differential is standard--or with available full-time all-wheel drive.

redriderbob

Old 11-28-2005, 11:23 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

I'll take a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 thank you.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:22 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: redriderbob

Now that sales of the mid-size Chevy ute have softened, resulting in mega discounts at dealers around the country, the bow-tie division is attempting to inject some sex appeal with this SS derivative. The main selling point is the installation of the Corvette's LS2 6.0-liter V-8 engine, making a solid 391 hp and 395 lb-ft of torque--enough to motivate the truck from 0 to 60 mph in 5.7 seconds.

To make sure that the truck isn't just about straight-line go, GM's High Performance Vehicle Operations tuned the suspension and upgraded the brakes. The SS features stiffer springs, an inch lower ride height, and thicker anti-roll bars, as well as standard StabiliTrak stability control. Larger, 12.8-inch diameter front brake discs are fitted, allied to new iron twin-piston calipers, while the monster twenty-inch aluminum wheels have 255/50 V-rated tires. The SS actually looks pretty mean and serious, thanks to more aggressive fascias, a black mesh grille, body color trim, and removal of exterior cladding. Inside, the SS gets a new instrument cluster, front bucket seats, a T-shaped shifter, and leather-wrapped steering wheel. Cloth seats are standard, while leather is optional. The SS comes with rear-wheel drive--a limited slip differential is standard--or with available full-time all-wheel drive.

redriderbob
when i looked at it the first place, i was like, is that a fake or what but it was new and i was like, crap, we need an srt8 durango

Old 11-30-2005, 01:28 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

we have the GC to step all over it

Old 11-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Cherokee steps all over all the SUV's...

SS is weak...

Old 11-30-2005, 02:59 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

yea, lol, i was joking around myself earlier that it has a 9.9V6 turbo lol, well, it could go for the nitro

Quick Reply: Does Chevy have new ss suv?