2009 Camaro Concept to be shown at the 06' NAIAS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 09:03 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Camaro Concept to be shown at the 06' NAIAS

Actually, i think the reason its like that is just to adjust some minor styling cues. It's also from what the article stated, a clay model anyhow.

Chase, we'll see how well the Challenger handles when it debuts. The truth is, I think the two of them will be very close in HP and torque.....enough to kill the Mustang twice over. Let's not forget what motor most likely will wind up in the SS and Z28 models.....the LS2....which as I recall......is in the current Z06 which is neck and neck with the Viper....

I like the look of it. It's still not what I had hoped for 100%, but it's definitely a retro look with a 21st century style. I would rather own this then the current Charger or Mustang. I'm also not sold on the Challenger just yet. Like several of you have voiced about a 2dr Charger, the weight issue is a major concern to me. Again, both of these are concepts and very well could change drastically by the time it hits production.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:34 PM
OG MagDak
Professional

not bad, not bad, it looks just like the 1999 GTO concept car w/ a chevy grille

Old 12-08-2005, 09:37 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i love it. it looks excellent. Go GM. it looks awesome, modern, and fast as hell. I hope the challenger does well, but i would take this any day. it doesn't look stuck back in the 70s.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Derrick - You really think they will drop the LS2 in it? Then people would start buying the Camaro and the Vette would die, lol.

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

it looks awesome, modern, and fast as hell. it doesn't look stuck back in the 70s.
Good points, that's my only problem with the new Challenger, it needs to be a little more sleeker like this. HOWEVER, the Challenger still looks better.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:44 PM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

oh snap. more aero designs

aero enemies>dodge

more dodge ideas(that are good)<08 camaro

that's gunna hit a coefficient drag of .25-.29 or so

that's going to eat air

Old 12-09-2005, 01:21 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Derrick - You really think they will drop the LS2 in it? Then people would start buying the Camaro and the Vette would die, lol.
Yeah, I do think they will. Remember, the previous 4th gen had the LS1, which was also a Vette engine. Considering they could really put a spanking on the Mustang and anything Dodge puts out by using the LS2.....I believe they will in fact do it. It most likely will be the 350-425hp variety LS2, and most likely ONLY come in the Z28....

Also, there wont be any Trans-Ams or Firebirds to compete with for sales this time around. It's exclusively going to be the Camaro only this time. Which to me, is GREAT!

Just because it's got a Vette motor dont mean it'll stop people buying the Vette. Remember, just like the Viper, people want the Vette because of the name and the "image".

If anything, this would be a big boost to Chevy's car line....not to mention the fact that they wouldnt have many alternatives for a motor in this one. It absolutely has to compete with the 6.1L SRT-8 Hemi motor........so it would have to be on par with the Charger/Challenger/300C/and even the Magnum.

I'm not saying it would win or dominate....but I expect similar numbers.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:35 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i think i like drivers side front better

Old 12-09-2005, 02:02 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

looks like a cross between the challenger and the mustang, but what do I expect, in the last few years chevy has been anything but creative... they be lucky if they arent bankrupt by the time production starts anyway. I personally have always been anti-chevy, hate to say it but I would buy a Ford before I buy a chevy. But as most know I have one from all 3 of the big 3(Buick, Mercury and the Dodge), so whatever...

Old 12-09-2005, 02:20 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

looks like a cross between the challenger and the mustang, but what do I expect, in the last few years chevy has been anything but creative...
I find it rather amusing that you say that considering this thing is roughly 75-80% exact of what the concept drawings that are floating around are. Considering most of the concept drawings go back to 2003 anywho...yeah...its a really copycat of the Challenger.... This car has been in the works alot longer in my view then the Challenger....since this car was put away and planned to be brought back anyhow. The cries for the Challenger forced an issue because of the Charger complaints...

But hey, we're all allowed our opinions [8D]

We all knew the moment they "killed" the Camaro they were going to do something retro anyhow....they even basically said it because of the great pickup in sales of the last model Mustang prior to the current retro model.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:10 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

the challenger is basically a 2 door version the charger, which has been around now for awhile and in production mind you... and that concept camaro looks little like any of the camaros already in existence... we will see what happens, if anything, with it.

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

For the record, I am a... nutcase
I agree with this...

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro Concept to be shown at the 06' NAIAS