2009 Camaro Concept to be shown at the 06' NAIAS

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 01:45 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Camaro Concept to be shown at the 06' NAIAS

looks like a cross between the challenger
I was thinking along those lines as well. It looks like Chevy ripped off a weird looking Corvette rear, stuck it on, and added a bunch of old random parts from the Challenger to make one ugly car. The new Challenger would outsell the new Camaro any day I bet..

-Matt-

Old 12-09-2005, 02:47 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I just love to push the buttons of the 20 - something know it alls... its so much fun to watch you go nuts over differences of opinion.

And I do believe that what I have driven in the past gives me a unique perspective over various brands and their differences. I was driving a automobile before most of you were even born. If only my job were as easy as a valets... your perspective would change if you had to drive a Viper across the country or from state to state and be intrusted with its safe transport. Or when they ask me to drive a Ferrari to a local service center, or a Lamborghini, Porsche, Mercedes or the like. My customers not only know that I know what I am doing, they are confident enough to allow me to drive their vehicles too. I have over the years earned thier respect and some even their friendship.

With some of the attitudes I see around here I doubt most of my customers would feel comfortable even letting you stand near their cars, much less drive them and they would just scoff at your immature rantings concerning them. These retro hotrods are meant to spark the found memories of the older crowd such as myself and before. We drove the older streetrods when we were younger, we owned them before our lives became complicated by family and responsibility. These are being produced to induce the memories of yesteryear. And then hoping that younger individuals will follow suit and fall in love with the nostalgia of yesterday too. They are hoping to utilize the styling from the late 60's and early 70's to re-capture the sports car market. There is little creative thought going on anymore and this is about the only way to get our attention.

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

I was thinking along those lines as well. It looks like Chevy ripped off a weird looking Corvette rear, stuck it on, and added a bunch of old random parts from the Challenger to make one ugly car. The new Challenger would outsell the new Camaro any day I bet..
exactly...

If Chevy was going to go retro on the Camaro then a modernized version of the 68-69 model would be just the thing they need to bring it back. But the confused cross-bred concept that has emerged doesnt do it justice by any means. At least Ford showed some initiative by reproducing the vintage Mustang in a modern light quite well, and it is a good looking car. Plus nobody can say that Ford stole any ideas or designs from any other manu... something that GM with new Corvette clearly cannot do.

anyway... back to the endless ranting and name-calling... I am enjoying this to no end, please continue...

Old 12-09-2005, 03:12 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Well as far as the concept goes, you would be correct. It is to some degree a crossbred item. Again, it's a concept...and as I recall....the Charger concept looked nothing like what we wound up with. That said, I would love to have one.

Oh, so you are entrusted with cars now....so we should bow down and kiss your *** huh? I work in a Technology Center for the I.U. School of Dentistry. I'm entrusted with company research and data on a regular basis. It's the same principle as being entrusted with a car. Only, insurance will replace those cars...to various degrees....I make a mistake, and it could potentially wipe out data.....for good...

Just because people have strong opinions, doesnt mean they arent trustworthy. I've been in and driven several custom cars....and I think age means nothing when it comes to cars. The truth of the matter is that there are people who are 16 that are just as passionate about hotrods and custom cars that 40-50 something guys are.

As for pushing my buttons, you aren't. You are cracking me the hell up. It's really pathetic that some car dealership wannabe has to sit here and belittle people. That's really cool though. Shows your intelligence. You are entitled to your opinion. No one said you couldnt have one. It's when you want to start belittling people that you lose the right to speak your opinion. If you cant say something nice, shut the f*** up.....

Driving alot of different cars does give you a better perspective on SOME cars...as you probably do drive SOME cars more then others.... I would be more apt to believe someone who say drives a Magnum everyday as opposed to someone who drives one once a week. However, just because you drive a bunch of cars doesnt make you an expert on every one. You being entrusted with a 100K car is no different then me being entrusted with say a $30,000 dollar violin.....it's how you do that job that reflects who you are.

Other then acting like Ron, do you ever actually contribute anything to this website? I'd be shocked if you did.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:14 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

So many issues, so little space...

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Well as far as the concept goes, you would be correct. It is to some degree a crossbred item. Again, it's a concept...and as I recall....the Charger concept looked nothing like what we wound up with. That said, I would love to have one.
Oh, so you are entrusted with cars now....so we should bow down and kiss your *** huh? I work in a Technology Center for the I.U. School of Dentistry. I'm entrusted with company research and data on a regular basis. It's the same principle as being entrusted with a car. Only, insurance will replace those cars...to various degrees....I make a mistake, and it could potentially wipe out data.....for good...
The I would suggest cdroms or dvdroms as backups, but I am sure they have servers that do that automatically. Peoples lives are at stake in car accidents you know, besides now you are talking about dentistry not automobiles... how more off-topic is that.

Just because people have strong opinions, doesnt mean they arent trustworthy. I've been in and driven several custom cars....and I think age means nothing when it comes to cars. The truth of the matter is that there are people who are 16 that are just as passionate about hotrods and custom cars that 40-50 something guys are.
passion is one thing, knowledge and experience is a totally different matter, both of which count to a far greater degree than passion for autos. And as for custom cars... what does that mean you rode or drove in your buddies eclipse or civic with the giant wing and big stereo... I am unimpressed.

As for pushing my buttons, you aren't. You are cracking me the hell up. It's really pathetic that some car dealership wannabe has to sit here and belittle people. That's really cool though. Shows your intelligence. You are entitled to your opinion. No one said you couldnt have one. It's when you want to start belittling people that you lose the right to speak your opinion. If you cant say something nice, shut the f*** up.....
One minute I am cracking somebody up and then other I am not amusing to others. And talk about the pot calling the kettle black, do you read your own posts, telling me to shut the f*ck up and calling me an assclown. I dont see anywhere in this that I was ever so rude to you or to others, this shows great intelligence, restraint and true maturity(NOT!). And car dealership wannabe, what is that exactly... My friends own the dealerships, not I, I only provide a service to them, I have no desire to work there nor to own such an enterprise.

Driving alot of different cars does give you a better perspective on SOME cars...as you probably do drive SOME cars more then others.... I would be more apt to believe someone who say drives a Magnum everyday as opposed to someone who drives one once a week. However, just because you drive a bunch of cars doesnt make you an expert on every one. You being entrusted with a 100K car is no different then me being entrusted with say a $30,000 dollar violin.....it's how you do that job that reflects who you are.
Wrong junior, driving "alot" of cars gives me perspective on "alot" of cars... Usually I am in a vehicle for about 4 days to a week, sometimes more, just depends on when the next time it is to be run through the auction. So yeh I get alot of time with most of the cars/trucks that I drive. Never said I was an expert on any of them, although I am familiar with many models such as Vipers, Dodge Rams and most of the Chrysler products going back to the early 90's since my friends had owned a Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth dealership and are looking to get back into the Dodge business again. They buy Chrysler products all the time because they too prefer them to others and they have the money to buy whatever they want for their own personal use, so they have a variety of cars to choose from. And your exactly right it is how you do your job that reflects who you are, and thats why I get to drive the cars/trucks that I do and am business doing the things that I do, because my customers trust and value me. So being in the car business(for over 20 years now), not the violin or dentistry biz my experience is directly relavent to this topic/forum and thread.

Other then acting like Ron, do you ever actually contribute anything to this website? I'd be shocked if you did.
Does anybody really contribute anything to this website other than their opinions and words, not really except for dodgegirl19 and badstratrt...
oh but wait, I also contributed some money to the upkeep of this site, one upped you there didnt I.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Both of you need to chill out and stop hijacking this thread. Feel free to discuss the Camaro, Challenger and old school cars. But take the personal feelings to PM. Thanks...

DF Rule #2
2. While debating and discussion is fine, respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any further "discussion" between you two will be removed...now STOP IT.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:12 PM
DRam1500Hemi
Rookie

I like this concept, it has a lot of Mustang in it though.

I hope these pics post alright

[IMG]local://upfiles/24622/6A956715CC934E3A85B8CF7A7B3505F3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24622/6A9193E336F6489C8078EF6AA083B126.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-09-2005, 05:18 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DRam1500, have you been to my camaro forum?

Old 12-09-2005, 05:20 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Yeah, that does have a similar look with the Mustang. Depending on what year car you compared, there were a few model year Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers, and Cudas that had alot of similarities in styling. Not enough to say they were a clone like say the current Viper/Corvette, but definitely similar ideas and probably stolen ideas.

I like the looks of most of the concepts I've seen. Personally, anything that looks even halfway like the 68-69 Camaros would probably do it for me.

My apologies to anybody who's reading this thread. It wasn't my intention to get into it with someone and jack the thread. Hopefully, you guys just look at it and see two silly arguements!

Old 12-09-2005, 05:22 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

I think that camaro is ugly. But thats just my personal opinion. Chevy will probably just drop in the same engine they have in the base model corvette for SS model camaro. Anyhow, I heard that they were going to drop the 6.4 (392) Hemi with 505hp in the challenger. Maybe thats just a rumor. I highly doubt the challenger or camaro will be able to compete with the Ford GT powered Mustang unless Dodge drops the 392 Hemi in the Challenger or chevy drops the 505hp 7.0 liter LS7 in the camaro (which I highly doubt chevy will do).

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro Concept to be shown at the 06' NAIAS