GM is slashing the MSRP prices

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:40 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GM is slashing the MSRP prices

Chrysler could probably sell their vehicles without the incentives but they won't take the chance of losing sales to the auto salvage yard down the street (GM). And poor old Henry is just hoping someone will just pull onto his lot if nothing else to ask for directions! hehehe!

Old 01-12-2006, 10:09 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I'm not supposed to double post but you are right Dusty about GM being in deep CAH CAH! If this new Camaro doesn't get some traffic moving into their showrooms they could very well go belly up! It doesn't matter if they cut costs or prices or by how much. They have to build vehicles that people want to buy!

Old 01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: srtommy

ORIGINAL: techmanbd

I have now heard from a GM dealership that they are lowering MSRP's, invoice prices and rebates. The net effect final prices will essentially be the same.
So GM is making SOUND like you are going to get a better deal than before.
It's all perception when it comes to a good deal or not. Does anyone really know what a good deal is on a car? Anyone ever tell you they could have gotten one cheaper, for you, somewhere else?
I feel I come out with a good deal the majority of the time. I am one of those guys who will sit at the dealer for 12 hours negotiating

Old 01-12-2006, 04:38 PM
srtommy
Veteran

I have now heard from a GM dealership that they are lowering MSRP's, invoice prices and rebates. The net effect final prices will essentially be the same.
So GM is making SOUND like you are going to get a better deal than before.
It's all perception when it comes to a good deal or not. Does anyone really know what a good deal is on a car? Anyone ever tell you they could have gotten one cheaper, for you, somewhere else?
I feel I come out with a good deal the majority of the time. I am one of those guys who will sit at the dealer for 12 hours negotiating
12 hours!!?? I can think of a lot more things to do in 12 hours than trying to eek a couple a hundred dollars out of the price of a car.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:45 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

not a few hundred, try a few thousand, When I first went in, they wanted 34 out the door. When I left is was a little over 23 out the door.

Quick Reply: GM is slashing the MSRP prices