'Black Monday' looms over Ford's future

Old 01-24-2006, 03:36 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 'Black Monday' looms over Ford's future

Actually, they just had their first baby and they are still doing great...

Pat, you have a job, it just doesn't really classify as one...[8D]

Sorry I brought it up, cause this thread isn't about what people make... it's about the ****ty job Ford is doing as a car company...

Old 01-24-2006, 03:37 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

right, for something to be a "job", you have to get paid to do it...

they simply cant be doing that "Great" on a 20k job...and if he is, he must live on a miltary base..or in the ghetto...

Old 01-24-2006, 03:39 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Well, as I stated it could be as high as 30k... but anyway. They might not be doing "great", but they still have 40k worth of cars... and a nice 3 bedroom house...

Old 01-24-2006, 03:45 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

well, if there is no "side money", he has to have either worked for ages and saved every cent, come upon some money, or be up to his neck in debt...?

Old 01-24-2006, 04:04 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jgralka
Right a guy making 50k a year is living in a 600k house. Please. I can barley afford my house with my "50k" a year working for Chrysler. And my wife works as well. There is no way I could afford my house and my cars without her working. SO what does 50k buy you... About a 150k house and maybe a 15k car. Wow the extravagance.

Nick as usual your showing your stupidity here. I would really like to see you do a line job. then see how "overpaid" we are. Also why is it that the transplants(honda, nissan, toyota) can pay their "overpriced workers" the same, and sometimes even better than the big three and make a very hefty profit. Your argument holds no ground. They pay the same, and make a ton of money doing it, but the big three's problem is the UAW. Okay. Check your facts before you make yourself look foolish.

P.S. Its a two way street, without us they(ceo's) have no job as well. So it goes both ways.

first off 50k soudns abotu right, so i take back my overpaid for any lien workers makign below or aroudn 50k. any more then 60 is definentaly overpaid.

i dont care what BS you wnat to say, i still think ti is more of the UAWs fault then fords.

P.S. it isn't a 2 way street, because any high school drop out or community college graduate could do a line job and be very happy bringing in 50k a year. CEOs require an education, so they are in no way easily replaceable like line workers. almost any 18 year old who isn't getting a real college education would probably jump at the opportunity to make $12+ per hour.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:22 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

well, if there is no "side money", he has to have either worked for ages and saved every cent, come upon some money, or be up to his neck in debt...?
He occasionally works with his father, but nothing special... His Dad might help him with the extras...

It's probably different in MI, than it is in FLA, like you said Pat...

Old 01-24-2006, 04:47 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

i dont care what BS you wnat to say, i still think ti is more of the UAWs fault then fords.

P.S. it isn't a 2 way street, because any high school drop out or community college graduate could do a line job and be very happy bringing in 50k a year. CEOs require an education, so they are in no way easily replaceable like line workers. almost any 18 year old who isn't getting a real college education would probably jump at the opportunity to make $12+ per hour

Yes Nick just keep ignoring the facts and spouting out your ignorance. That makes sense. Maybe you should wait until you get into the real world before you start telling those of us that deal with it how it should be done.

It is a two way street because about 70 percent of the "line" jobs require extensive training. Some even require a bit of formal education. Once again you have no clue what you are talking about. So to save yourself from further embarrassment you should just be quite on these matters.

Hmmm... My good friend makes like 20k-30k and has a 15k car and 25k car and a 120k house and his wife doesn't work... I wonder how he does that...

Me too. The math doesn't quite add up. 120k mortgage should be about a grand a month. If he has payments on both cars they should add up to about 800 a month. So he is paying his bills and eating off of about 200 bucks a month. Somethings not quite right here. Shoot my gas bill last month was 265 dollars.

Joe

Old 01-24-2006, 04:52 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

not to mention some physical prowess that many tubby old white men dont possess...

Old 01-24-2006, 04:54 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Hey Hey easy on the tubby part!

Old 01-24-2006, 04:57 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i didnt mean you..i meant old fat CEOs...who probably wouldnt know how to change oil, if they needed to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 'Black Monday' looms over Ford's future