60MPG F150 - Hydraulic Hybrid

Old 03-04-2006, 04:29 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60MPG F150 - Hydraulic Hybrid

Ford is developing a new "Hydraulic Hybrid" system that is 300 percent more efficient than the system used in the Toyota's Prius, according to a report by New Tech Spy. The report says an F-150 equipped with the system attains 60 miles per gallon. The technology works by storing energy in "hydraulic cylinders," instead of Nickel Metal Hydride or Lithium Ion batteries. The report provided no further explanation of the technology, but said Ford plans to put it into production in 2008. In 2002, Ford previewed a technology it called Hydraulic Launch Assist with its F-350 Tonka concept. Could this relate to the much-rumored Piquette Project? Time magazine described Piquette as "nothing short of reinventing Detroit." The mission was, "Could Ford design the Model T of the next century?"

So what do you guys think this will mean for Dodge? Will we be screwed? Will Dodge follow?

Source: Left Lane News

Old 03-05-2006, 01:50 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Default RE: 60MPG F150 - Hydraulic Hybrid

We will have to follow. That's what we do. Chrysler has always played the role of catch up. Or being late to the party. See Commander, Aspen. If we don't follow or come up with a better idea(which I don't see, we can't even prevent rams from being stolen at an alarming rate) we will be done.

Joe

Old 03-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: jgralka

Or being late to the party.
Yep, always fashionably late to the party, with the better liquor, and bringin' more than the others!

Old 03-05-2006, 10:27 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

We will have to follow. That's what we do. Chrysler has always played the role of catch up. Or being late to the party. See Commander, Aspen. If we don't follow or come up with a better idea(which I don't see, we can't even prevent rams from being stolen at an alarming rate) we will be done.

Joe

since when is its Dodges fault that their trucks get stolen more often... OH because Dodge trucks are bad-*** and popular I suppose! I mean what are they supposed to do, offer hooks that dig into the ground or something, because no matter how good of an alarm system you have, give me a tow-truck and I will show you how much you wasted on that alarm system... even lojack is a waste of money when you know how to disable them.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:31 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

Joe

since when is its Dodges fault that their trucks get stolen more often... OH because Dodge trucks are bad-*** and popular I suppose! I mean what are they supposed to do, offer hooks that dig into the ground or something, because no matter how good of an alarm system you have, give me a tow-truck and I will show you how much you wasted on that alarm system... even lojack is a waste of money when you know how to disable them.
Umm considering how easy it is to break into a Dodge Ram, it's easily Dodge's fault. Then on top of that, like you stated, Dodge trucks are extremely popular.

Imagine if BMW's cars had the same problem with the door latch that Dodge does with its trucks.....I sincerely believe there'd be alot more vehicles stolen.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:12 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I used to steal cars when I was a kid and over the years have found myself and a slim-jim set unlocking many cars for friends and dealers... EVERY vehicle is easy to break into when you know what your doing. BMW's arent stolen as much as any pickup(any brand) since there isnt as much demand for the parts. Its as simple as that... supply and demand.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:34 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Mine was taken with a butter knife. I mean come on. They used it to pop the lock, and to pop out the ignition switch, then left it in the truck. GM has been doing standard chip keys for at least 10 years. We still don't have that as standard. In metro Detroit the top two most stolen vehicles are 2005, and 2004 ram quad cab 4X4. Thats sad. I have 8 friends that have rams. Only one has not had it stolen yet. A slim jim I would respect, but a butter knife? 13-14 year old kids are stealing these things for crying out loud. Last time I checked ford sells 3 times as many F150's. I don't see a rash of them being stolen. I think they are a little more popular.

Yes everything is easy to break into. But not everything is easy to take. Why mess with something if you can't start it? That alone would deter alot of the punks that take these things.

Joe

Old 03-07-2006, 03:10 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

+1

That was my entire point Joe, glad to see you understand!

Old 03-08-2006, 03:20 AM
jhalfhill
Rookie

GM has been doing standard chip keys for at least 10 years.

Oh is that so? So then why does my plain flat metal Wal-Mart copy enter and start my 2003 silverado? no chip in that bad boy

Old 03-08-2006, 11:11 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Because you are one of the lucky ones? My 96 Chevy Beretta would not start with a single key made by any hardware store....yet I go to the dealership and bam, it starts. My brother's finance's Grand Am has the same style key setup too.

Some of the models dont come with it standard....as I think only the advanced models got it......prior to like 04 I think....anything after that I believe it was a standard option..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 60MPG F150 - Hydraulic Hybrid