Blue Devil

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:33 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Blue Devil

but your point of "the viper is the better car because it has a bigger engine, thus more potential" isnt really true. also, when you consider the price difference between the viper and the vette...that extra change can put some decent mods to the vette.

and stock most certainly did matter before...prior to the Z06, GM people would say "stock for stock the viper is faster than the vette, but with minor mods an LS6 vette will tear apart a viper" and in that case, dodge people would bring up the stock for stock. you cant compare one car stock and another car on some assumed future level of performance...if that was the case, someone who actually knows something about cars could point out a way that any given car "A"is better than anygiven car "B".

and for what its worth, to get a slobalt to run with a viper takes considerably more financial backing than most people who have to reduce themselves to buying one in the first place can afford.

i dont know why so many dodge people refuse to recognize that the LSX enginescome froman excellent engine series...GM or not. The only reason that I speak up here is because when the discussion about the viper and the superior Z06, it makes all dodge enthusiasts look ignorant when someone spouts off with an intelligent comment like "nuh-uh! the viper is the coolest because GM sucks."

by your logic the viper is also better in the long run than the LP640...because the LP640has only a6.5L engine...and if youre going to try to argue THAT point...let me get my boots on, because its gonna get deep in here...

Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that one pictured is a fake!

However, this one is rumored to be real:

Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a while back i was considering masking the stratus all up, when i had put the front end cover on before a long trip...i had the car cover laying on part of it and the front end covered in black "leather"...

Old 01-05-2007, 01:27 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

Lower Brad

Old 01-05-2007, 01:48 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

You obviously didn’t understand anything I said, but I will try again another way.
The V10 engine being what it is, is just one of the many things that make that car much better than a Chevy, and again Dodge has given them more than enough time to make a faster car, but it seems in trying to do so they have almost made a clone of the car they hate.

Money savings?
Im seeing Vetts sell for More than Vipers, and If saving 3K was a factor when I bought 70000 dollar car I would need my head examined. The Viper is 5 years old now in design. If the Vett wasn’t faster I would think GM should sell theior company ASAP, good thing the had the commen sence to bump millions into the car to upgrade it year after year to eventually perform better and look like a Viper? Yes If this wannabe is your cup of tee you can buy drive and love all you want. I simply am eons away from getting excited about something that should have been where it is along time ago.

*I mean the Viper beat the Vett 4 years in a row without Changing anything (Thats impressive) But no one notices that, everyone only notices when Dodge is dormant for half a decade on their car making it possible for Vett to finally catch up and slightly surpass, while also spend 4 times as much in research & development? I guess this impresses some people.

Happy motoring kids!

Old 01-05-2007, 03:17 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

That car looks so gay

Old 01-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

but your point of "the viper is the better car because it has a bigger engine, thus more potential" isnt really true. also, when you consider the price difference between the viper and the vette...that extra change can put some decent mods to the vette.

and stock most certainly did matter before...prior to the Z06, GM people would say "stock for stock the viper is faster than the vette, but with minor mods an LS6 vette will tear apart a viper" and in that case, dodge people would bring up the stock for stock. you cant compare one car stock and another car on some assumed future level of performance...if that was the case, someone who actually knows something about cars could point out a way that any given car "A"is better than anygiven car "B".

and for what its worth, to get a slobalt to run with a viper takes considerably more financial backing than most people who have to reduce themselves to buying one in the first place can afford.

i dont know why so many dodge people refuse to recognize that the LSX enginescome froman excellent engine series...GM or not. The only reason that I speak up here is because when the discussion about the viper and the superior Z06, it makes all dodge enthusiasts look ignorant when someone spouts off with an intelligent comment like "nuh-uh! the viper is the coolest because GM sucks."

by your logic the viper is also better in the long run than the LP640...because the LP640has only a6.5L engine...and if youre going to try to argue THAT point...let me get my boots on, because its gonna get deep in here...
what is the LP640? never heard of it.

MG42pillbox, who is brad???

Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Everybody seems to forget not everyone can afford these cars and that the American auto industry just to a big kick in the ***** because of sales when these japanese, Korean, and German cars were selling a lot more in the US and worldwide. We also forget that while GM is in big POOPOO w/ their millions and billions lost over the years that they still keep throwing money in a car that is s'posed to somehow make them look better by doing so. Hmmm...so Chrysler having been in the Financial woes beforeback in the 80s decides to make smarter decisions on cost, labor, and effective sales techniques to try and be cautious rather then make huge attempts to upstage a Corvette that, like the Viper, only a priveledged few can afford, we get slammed for being second for once....really doesn't bother me even though in the past I got angry about it only to realize despite its current upstaging,the symbol the Viper depicts is that it was the "Meanest In your Face Car" Dodge has ever had the pleasure of releasing that haswon that right for some time and will always be remembered for that by theits truefans.

So I don't care if Chevy releases a faster car or Dodge does because we are not in a financially viable horsepower race between these two models (the Z06 and the Viper) Nowthe Chally, Charger, 300, Crossfire,and other cars like it or competitors to them are a little more realisticto throwdevelopment time and money in building or renewing their images at this point becauseno matter how much we compete witheach other....WE ARE BOTH 2nd 3rd 4thIN THE GLOBAL MARKET.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:48 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

Brad = BadStratRT

Too many people often call him Brad....it's rather funny actually...

The LP640 is a Lamborghini Murcielago....and it has a 6.5L V12 motor that produces 640hp Naturally Aspirated = largest factory stock HP rating for any car ever

And before anyone says otherwise, yes there were cars who probably had more then that.....but this is a bonafide proven stock HP number.....

Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

Brad = BadStratRT

Too many people often call him Brad....it's rather funny actually...

The LP640 is a Lamborghini Murcielago....and it has a 6.5L V12 motor that produces 640hp Naturally Aspirated = largest factory stock HP rating for any car ever

And before anyone says otherwise, yes there were cars who probably had more then that.....but this is a bonafide proven stock HP number.....
Why are the other not "bonafide proven"? Im not trying to argue just curious...

The Saleen S7 has 750hp
The Ferrari Enzo has 650hp

or is that rating for N/A, that would count out the S7, and the Enzo is no longer in production.

Quick Reply: Blue Devil