Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blue Devil

um yeah I dont see visibility as a factor for corvette drivers

Old 12-30-2006, 07:25 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

They gotta do everything in their power to stop the Viper, Dodge is doing other things like making asmallprofit at-least.

1 Viper engine upgrade requirs 5 or 6 Corvette upgrades!!

Old 12-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Moven Up

Yes, it does exist despite GM's denial, spy shots prove it. It's been rumored for a couple years now.
Suposed to be a 100K+ price tag when it's released according to Motor Trend.
LOVE the Z06 [8D]

Old 12-31-2006, 12:44 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

unfortunately the gaudy hood turns me off to it...That limits the visibility a little bit ......I can't stand driving w/ a massive hump in the hood that may effect the peripheral view.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:40 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

How much of that hood is actually hood or tarp......we cant tell....however I expect visibility to not be a factor at all.....

The Corvette is once again making things greatly interesting in the battle between the two best bang for your buck sports/supercars.....

And the Blue Devil will clock 650hp stock....so I wouldnt pass on the Corvette just yet...

As for the upgrade comments..... when you start modding any car.....you can throw out all the bragging rights.....because we could all build something faster for less in that case...

Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

The higher compassion 8.4L engine has 700hp potential naturally aspirated, as it has already been tested by PVO to this level.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:52 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: MG42pillbox

The higher compassion 8.4L engine has 700hp potential naturally aspirated, as it has already been tested by PVO to this level.

Who cares? It's all about what you do STOCK. I've seen a stock LS7 motor with a simple tuning put down 524 RWHP...that's around 600-650hp....

Bottom line....any motor can be tested to a certain HP level....and any motor can be pushed to a certain HP level....but will it be pushed to that off the factory floor.....nope...

Old 01-04-2007, 12:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

compassion...did you mean compression?

the reason that the current Z06 beats the viper stock for stock, and the reason that the blue devil (should it actually see production) will beat the 8.4L viper, is because unlike dodge, GM worried about more than just making a car that puts down big dyno numbers. thanks to the extremely low weight, the Z06 is a great car.

now, before everyone starts in with the "if you love GM so much why dont you buy one" crap, i should point out that im one of the few people on this site who has actually owned a high performance mopar...its an odd one, but still.

ive heard SO many rumors about the blue devil/Z07, that I dont know what to believe, and i dont like buying into the BS rumors created by forum members who dont know what they are talking about...but stock for stock, category by category the current Z06 beats the viper. now, dodge has the ability to release the viper refresh that we keep seeing (whch ive seen in person) and with the 8.4L motor, they are claiming that it will have around 600hp. for those of you who dont get away from the computer enough, thats LESS than 650hp...and right now, the lower rated Z06 can beat the viper, and the blue devil/Z07 should be able to beat the newer viper, but dodge should have the ability to answer...but if both new cars are released and the viper is still lagging behind, we only have dodge to blame...

and isnt PVO gone?

Old 01-04-2007, 06:36 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

I just type random letters and spell check decides what words I use.

The New Vett better beat the Viper, Dodge has left it alone for 4 years, I hope thats enough time for GM to at least surpass it with a car that weighs 400lbs less and has a 3.4 Gear ration. My God if Dodge only changed and advanced every year like GM does they would have already had a 750hp car.Again Dodge invest half as much money into their race car as GM does, the fact that GM took this long shows how much Dodge has dominated for such a long time by making leaps and bounds over the competition instead of gradual gains year after year. A Chevy cobalt can be built to be faster than a Viper too, I wouldn’t be interested in that car either. Stock never matter until GM was faster, I wonder why… Now that GM is faster stock VS stock it means everything? As long as you GM people are happy in your little world keep thinking whatever you want to think.

Sh*t if the Viper was never was made GM would most likely still be making 300hp Vetts… Thank god Dodge has made the race world what it is, too bad they don’t get credit for it though and are just slandered by people who have been jealous for over a decade.

Quick Reply: Blue Devil