PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2001 Durango and flashing

Old 11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
GuidoInc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Durango and flashing

I'm new here. Here is my predicament. I bought a used 2001 Durango 4.7 2wd. The CEL came on, I read the codes and it was the P0454 and another like it, meaning small and gross leak of the evaporative system. I replace some hoses, reset the CEL, but the CEL came back on. It was the same codes. I will try to fix when the Durango needs inspection. Well it is that time and I read the codes again. This time I got the code that says there is a parity error in the ECU. From research the way to fix this is to get another ECU. I got one from a salvage yard but the serial number is different, the original is P56040249AG, the salvage one is P5P56040249AF, I put it in anyway. Now the CEL is off but the Rear defroster button light blinks and there is one code for the small leak. Called another salvage yard to get an ECU with the same serial code as the original. Salvage yards says that is not important but get the replacement ECU flashed.

Is this important? Will this fix the problem of the rear defogger blinking? What other shops will do this flashing? Any ballpark figures on what the dealer will charge.

I was hoping the Durango would be less of a headache the the '96 Infiniti Q45 I had.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Durango and flashing