PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

2001 Dodge Ram No Start

Old 04-13-2008, 06:35 PM
hellraiser69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Ram No Start

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Sport 1500.I started the truck the other day after sitting for about 2 weeks.Battery was on the weak side,started hard,but did start.After sitting and idling for a short period of time, it up and quit.Truck was low on gas soI went to town and picked some up thinking maybe it ran out.When attempting to restart it turns over but wont fire.I got a code back P0230,fuel pump primary circuit malfunction.I replaced the fuel pump relay but no help.I can hear the pump running.I sprayed some starter fluid down the intake,but still no fire,which leads me to believe it is electrical.Has anyone encountered this issue before and could give me an idea where to start,any help would be greatly appreciated?Thanks.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 AM
99dakota318
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Dodge Ram No Start

Whenever we got a no start the first things we check are battery, fuel, and spark. Just because your pump is turning on doesnt mean that you have fuel pressure going through the lines.... What I would do first is take the battery to your auto parts store like Murrays or Autozone they will usually run a battery test on it and see if the charge is any good. I would also check for spark, I would pull the boot off the spark plug for this and see if there is a spark when you try to crank it over. And as for the fuel, pressure test the the fuel line by connecting at a fuel pressure tester at the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Hope this helps you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Ram No Start