PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

02 RAM 5.9L PCM Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Mopar Man02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 RAM 5.9L PCM Problem?

I have an 02 ram with a 5.9L and 78,000 miles. it has a superchips programmer intake and cat back exhaust.A while back all the warning lights started going off and the abs pump started running. I shut the truck off, let it sit, restarted it and it was fine. A few months later it did the same thing again. once again i Shut it off and it was fine. A few weeks after that i was pulling into my house and it just shut off. I resstarted it and it was fine except that when i reved it up it would idle down to about 400RPM and then recover. I let it sit for 4days and when i camehome i went to start it and it would fire, spit and sputter then die. i checkedfor codes with my programmer and there were none. then i check the program and it read not original program, call superchips.I can hear the fuel pump turning on and off when the ignition is on and every once in a while it will fire up and idle for a few seconds then shut off. If i hold the throttle and start it it will start and rev with a bit of a sputter and if i hold it steady it surges.I think it may be the pcm. Any ideas?

Old 07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Mopar Man02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 02 RAM 5.9L PCM Problem?

It turns out it was the pcm. Installed a rebuilt and the truck runs perfect.

Quick Reply: 02 RAM 5.9L PCM Problem?