PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

sentry key

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 10:37 PM
silvermagnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sentry key

Does anyone know what this is? Why doesn't anyone have any information about it? My car won't start now that I changed the battery.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:18 AM
stantheman
Professional
Default RE: sentry key

Havent changed the battery in one yet but i think your gonna need to tow it to a dealer. There are going to be some things that will need to be reset. Dont have a clue why dcx did it that way but they did.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sentry key has a chip in it, that is encoded to the specific vehicle that is using it. If the vehicle is started not using the Sentry key, the PCM shuts down the fuel pump within 30 seconds--It comes from the factory as part of the security package, but can be added after the fact.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:49 PM
014x459
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Gone Fishin

The Sentry key has a chip in it, that is encoded to the specific vehicle that is using it. If the vehicle is started not using the Sentry key, the PCM shuts down the fuel pump within 30 seconds--It comes from the factory as part of the security package, but can be added after the fact.
Actually it stalls the vehicle out after more like 2 seconds of running. But you should not have a problem with your sentry key just because you cnhanged your battery, unless something else is going on with the vehicle.

What is the problem you are having? No Start No Crank? Crank but no start? Runs for a few seconds and then stall out? What kind of a vehicle?

Quick Reply: sentry key