PCM & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

can I do this to magnum fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:41 AM
dannyho
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can I do this to magnum fuel rails

I have fuel rails from a 5.2L magnum engine and im planning on using them in a custom efi setup. it would be easier if i could use -AN fittings.
Can i tap the ends or weld on a bung or something it would make it look better and make it easier to set up. also something tells me it would flow better and give me some better options for running the fuel lines. has anyone done this?
Thanks
Dan

Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 AM
injmopar
Veteran
Default RE: can I do this to magnum fuel rails

I have a set of rails that the interconecting hose was damaged. So I was going to take a male AN fitting, turn down the pipe thread and drill a hole the size of the fuel nipple. Then press it on and braze or tig them. I thought it would make it a more flexible setup.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:53 AM
dergani
Rookie

I have two sets of fuel rails - one is stock from my 318 mpfi (it has two fuel line connectors at the ends) and another off of a 360 (supposedly!?) (it has one connector in the middle of the rail) do you know what the 360 (?) rail can be used on or if its compatible with a 318 motor?

Old 10-20-2006, 04:26 PM
dannyho

INJmopar, did you do this yet, basically what you said is exactly what i want to do, but i couldnt find anyone who did it yet, but it seems like something that's totally possible. let me know how it works out, it'd help me a lot

Old 03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
amchornet

I had a 3.3 with a leaky fuel rail.. I cut the ends of the rail off ( where the flex joint and tube joined) drilled them out and taped them with a pipe tap. Then I screwed a jic fitting in and brased it in place. I had a gas compatiable line made up and attached it to the fitting and there ya go...just watch out for the metal bits in the rail...

Quick Reply: can I do this to magnum fuel rails