Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

How quick is the CTD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
R0oster31
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How quick is the CTD?

I've never taken mine to a track, but I do know that every once in a while it if fun killing the ricers around here when they get really annoying. Most of them it really isn't fair because I live in Colorado and it's around 6-6.5 thousand feet around town, so the turbo vs NA makes a huge difference. The funniest though was the other night there was a WRX, that had a really loud exhaust system, not a fart can, the whole system was I think 3 inch pipe with no muffler. He kept trying to get people to race and was getting really annoying, so eventually we ended up at a red light together. He kept revving his engine and since the road is straight and there wasn't much traffic I finally said screw it revved mine a little and started watching the lights. I slipped her in 4X4 because the road still has some sand on it from the winter and when the light was about to go green I brought my RPM up so it was obvious I was going to go off the light. I think the poor fool missed his shift because by the time I was to 60 I had 3 or 4 truck lengths on him and I know my truck isn't that quick especially since my chip wasn't on (303 hp and 705 tq from the one dyno point they give you doing emissions). I stopped at 60 since it was only a 45 zone and it wasn't even remotely close, of course a couple seconds later he goes by at 80 or so. Silly ricers.

So yea, I was just wondering what kinda cars are an even match and which ones should be faster than mine? I don't really care if I lose, so if they get annoying I'll play. I've got a work truck, it isn't geared for going fast has the 3.54 rear end and 295 75 r16 rubber.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:22 AM
cmnspwr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How quick is the CTD?

My fasteset with my current setup is 10.126 @ 68.79 mph with about a 2-3 psi launch down the 1/8th. I always keep the Smarty on SW3 (60hp).

On Edit: This is without the intake and exhaust.

Quick Reply: How quick is the CTD?