Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Banks performance??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 11:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Banks performance??

coming home today, i was sitting in the trffic which makes my 15 minute commute take me 70 minutes, and i see a mustang a few cars up, with about 2 miles (at about 5 mph) before the end of the work zone, and the gridlock. so the traffic begins to move, and i weave my way up to the the mustang, and reved on her..and she just shook her head no. thats when i noticed the huge furd truck behind me with "banks performance" across the windshield. as we get to where it opens up to 3 lanes, hes alogn side me and he revs hard, the i see in my mirrors, his exhaust turn jet black, and he down ****s, as do i. i swerved around one car to the left and he passed it on the birm, and as we got away from traffic, he stayed right along side me until we got to about 115, at which point i slowly pulled away from him. as he caught back up, he yelled, ricer...then hammered it again..and got a bit of a jump, but once again, around 115-120 i walked away from him, but this time i pulled the ricer move, and turned my 4 ways on, and exited, and as he finally came along, i gave him the thumbs down, and he flipped me off....

so as it turns out, even guys with modded ford trucks, are turds..

Old 09-08-2004, 06:43 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Banks performance??

Only a Ford truck owner would think he can take any car in the 100+ MPH range.[&:]

Old 09-08-2004, 10:52 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only a Ford truck owner would think he can take any car in the 100+ MPH range.
Only a FORD owner would think their redneck deisel truck would take badstratrt's car @ 100+ MPH.

What a Stupid F'er.

Nice smokey Ford crap kill Pat.

Old 09-08-2004, 09:34 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

my biggest concern was that he may have left some ford residue on my car when he spooled it up...

Old 09-09-2004, 12:00 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for a trip to the car wash, and some Lysol!!!!!

Old 09-09-2004, 12:02 AM
LoNeWuLf
Record Breaker

i cant wait til my car is fast.

Old 02-26-2005, 05:34 AM
OrochiDio1
Professional

dad back home has a 00 ford super duty F250 with a power programer it gives him 100hp and 150FTLBS of tourqe. granted its a desiel but desiel fuel doesnt detonante and that truck comes stock with a adj. wastegate simular to the AGP one.. needless to say ive burn a few 5.0 stangs in it.. its definatly suprising the turbo can handle like 700+ hp and the motor can take inane boost pressure. i took it to the track once pulling my old datsun and i ran a mid 14sec pass in it and that 7.3 powerstroke has some serious pull over 80mph its a big turbo and needs some time to spool up. Banks makes really good turbo prducts and have been making twin turbo v8s for 20 years..if you pick up a current issue of any muscle car mag you can see there new 1100 twin turbo v8 they sell as a complete drop in.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:46 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Diesels are great when modified at the low end, but they are still screwed when it comes to higher speeds due to being a diesel as well as weight, aerodynamics and gearing.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:28 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ive seen mildly built powerstrokes run 14s at the track..but on the highway, ive yet to see a diesel that can hang with me....

Old 03-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Grr287
Captain

There's this diesel truck in my town (he sold it a couple weeks ago). It was a 2500 Duramax and he had an awesome chip in it. He put stacks on it too and that thing was fast for a truck. I had heard several stories of how when he races, the front tires will come off the line. I didn't believe it cuz it's just a chip, but he pulled up next to me when i was in my vette (sorry guys) and he wound that turbo up for about 30 secs. before the light changed. I didnt even hit it when it changed cuz i knew he would take me off the line, so i watched his front right tire and it came off the ground bout 2 inches. It was amazing. After i got a rolling start, I just punched it and of course murdered him (I'm not bragging). Needless to say, that truck was fast tho. So diesels can be fast, but not after 100mph.

Quick Reply: Banks performance??