Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

WTF this is a bmw

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:34 AM
R0oster31
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTF this is a bmw

Yea my buddy wants me to give him some tips some time, like how to launch. We've both been really busy but I think now that it is getting nice again he will want to start playing around with it. The worst was the guy that I was helping fix the vette. He would let me take it whenever I wanted because he realized that I was a lot better with it than he was, which is funny. After spending 3 hours trying to teach him how to shift he decided to do a zero to sixty time, first time he almost killed it, second time he forgot to shift, so by the like 10th time he thought he had a pretty good one. I did it once and was 3 seconds faster than him. I felt kinda bad since it was his car and I had only driven it once before at this point and he had had it for a month. The guy didn't know anything. He bought a vette that was worth 6 to 8 k and he paid 18k. He didn't check any of the fluids and after driving it for three weeks he let my roommate borrow it. The oil didn't touch the stick and there was no brake fluid visible when we checked that. We asked him if he checked any of the fluids and he said, "You have to do that?" I had to try real hard not to laugh in his face. I fixed a few things for him since he would let me take it out whenever I wanted but I knew it wouldn't last too long, to bad since they don't make them like that anymore. He moved away and I found out that a few months after he left he blew up the motor. He blew the head gasket happened to be right by a place thatspecialized in old vettes, they said don't drive it any more, he thought well I have a girl with me and tried to drive it, made it about 15 miles, brilliant.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:59 PM
ScrapYurImport
Veteran

I think im pretty much done with street racing! It's really not worth the risk! Plus it's more fun at the strip anyway!

Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 PM
ohioguru
Veteran

street is fun but it depends on how much ur willin to push it......

Old 05-04-2007, 07:57 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

the 325 really isnt that fast in a sraight line. most bmws are better on the track than a drag. but good kill none the less. nice to know our 15k grocerygetters are good for something.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:04 AM
TwoPointFivePar
Rookie

my mom drives a neon, but seriously, why did they end production of the shadow for that?