Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Hemi VS Tundra???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:39 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hemi VS Tundra???

ORIGINAL: shimmy

ORIGINAL: FFMedic1479

Yeah... there are a couple more videos of that Toyota beating a Ford and a Chevy... I think it is crap, those look like it was filmed for a commercial for the "Toyota of Bellvue" dealership... of course they are gonna want the Toyota to win.
Interesting. The Ford & Chevy guys boards all say that the tests--including the ones on Edmunds & Consumer reports are rigged in favor of the Toyota. Now I see Dodge owners are saying the tests are rigged. LOL.

So what you're saying is, that if the Toyota is beating the Ford or Chevy....it's obviously rigged? I don't get it? So everyone everywhere, is rigging things in favor of Toytota? I didn't realize the world owed Toyota a favor???????
If you knew what you were watching in that video you would know it was rigged. Notice how the driver of the ram floored it causing the tires to spin and the driver of the Toyota eased on the gas and was real careful not to spin.

When Toyota builds a truck that will drag mine they can say they are better than Dodge.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:42 AM
ozzy55
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is definately the best answer for this I have heard so far! That is one big mean BadA$$ Dodge Truck you have! No way toyota will ever match that.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Tug of war with a tundra hmmmmmmmmmm Count me in. I have my receovery strap in the back of my truck at all times. any tundra owners in arizona or los angeles that want to test that manly voice on teh commerical let me know.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
snostyle

Not every engine on the market uses hemispherical heads, and the new hemi as alot in common with the old hemi. and in actuality the new hemi doesn't even have true hemisperical heads. that's why it's only a hemi by name.Not until 09' will the hemi get some real work done to it. check it out for yourself at: http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html I don't really care either way. It goes fast for a truck and sounds bad ***. Unlike most other trucks on the market from the factory. I just enjoy a good bantering session on random ****. So everyone can put the "gun's" down. Now go out and lay some rubber sideways and enjoy

Old 08-09-2007, 04:07 PM
00r/t
Professional

The only reason the tundra won in the video at the top was because it had a better driver. The driver only gave it enough gas to put down torqu and not spin the tires where the dodge driver over rev'ed the engine and made the truck spin resulting in making it very easy for the tundra to win. If the tundra had floored it too and made the tires spin you would have seen a whole different outcome.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:00 AM
dodge kid

ORIGINAL: snostyle

I own a dodge and it is completely plausible for the new tundra 5.7 to beat the hemi. Because toyota has been using the hemisperical engine cylinder headdesign for years. Dodge just decided to bring back a old engine cylinder design from the 70's with little or no real improvements. While toyota has been playin' with the same design for years. Why do you think toyota is spankin' everyone in the nascar truck series. and it's only a matter of time before the dominant in the car series. So get over it people, the Hemi isn't that great. It's a old tired design that needs some improvement.
you should die!

Old 08-12-2007, 06:57 AM
abarmby
Champion

dodge kid

Don't say that man [sm=badidea.gif], be a little more constructive in your comments????

Old 09-27-2007, 11:36 PM
mahinator_cuva

ive did a little work on my 06 hemi and i have taken the 07 tundra from a dead stop,although i though stock for a truck it was way fast,at least i won

Quick Reply: Hemi VS Tundra???