Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Why'd this guy even bother.

Old 09-30-2004, 07:13 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why'd this guy even bother.

I'm coming back from school on the highway and I'm toolin along at around 70-75 (going the speedlimit for once) and this guy in front of me (he was driving a Chevy Tahoe or Surburban not sure which one) is doing less than that since I was closing in on him. No one is over in the right lane so I pull over there to go around him. Well about the time I pull even with him I hear his truck downshift because the douchebag stepped on it to speed up. Well I think he may of thought I was an SRT4(?) and wanted to see how bad he'd get stomped by it or he was trying to box me in (in which case he's a jackass). Well in either case he's pulled slightly ahead of me since I wasn't expecting him to speed up on me, so I dropped to 3rd and pulled back even on him quickly, still holding it to the floor in 3rd I started to pull on him like he wasn't even moving at around 80, while he was still obviously was trying to speed his heavy hunk of junk up after me I'm already doing 90 and have I'd say 4 car lengths on him minimum if not more. Well thats my fun for the day unless anyone else wants to try me.

On a side note last night I was getting gas and I see this car pull up with HIDs (first thing I noticed) next to me while I'm fillin up my car with gas. He rolls his window down and asks "is that an SRT4?" I told him "no" and he responded "that it looked nice and wanted to know of the mods, etc." So we chatted for a bit while I filled my car up. Turns out the guy was driving a Lexus IS300, which I think is a very nice car. I was just somewhat confused that he thought mine was an SRT4, but I suppose if you don't get a good look at it or only hear from a distance you could get confused. But I took it as a compliment that the guy thought it was an SRT4, he was a pretty cool dude anyways. Good stuff.

Old 09-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Fiddle Player
Champion
Default RE: Why'd this guy even bother.

Sad to say most people can't get it through their heads that the little car will always stomp them... just like motorcycles stomp me all the time. It is fun to race now and then though

Karen

Old 10-09-2004, 05:19 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: Why'd this guy even bother.

Sounds like you've had a fun adventure

-Matt-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why'd this guy even bother.