Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

How do you love them mustn'tangs

Old 07-05-2007, 03:14 PM
protivakid
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you love them mustn'tangs

ORIGINAL: lateralus823

Yesterday i was taking a semi-sharp corner when it was wet doing like 30 and i floored it and she got up and went alright it almost spun out i couldnt believe it haha.

I kept up pretty good with my brother when he was driving his womans taurus, i couldnt keep going though cuz i didnt wanna risk an accident it was on a town road i really gotta race that car again i know the neons gotta be just as fast if not a little slower.
Since we are all sharing stories... last night I was at a party in no condition to drive lol, but my car was blocking some kids in so this hot girl tells me she can drive stick. In disbelief I tell her to try, and to my surprise she backed it up perfectly. She told me to get in shotty and I told her to take it for a whip around the block and have fun w/ it. It was wet out and she was bombing corners but man that thing was STUCK on the road, handling like a dream. The kids were all worried when they heard my car take off thinking I was driving it and then when we come back they r surprised a girl gets outta the driver's seat lol. When I got back though one of the kids said (it was dark out) when he saw the neon taking off up the street he thought it was an SRT-4 b/c of the sound and asked what I was boosting, and I was just like "What turbo?" lol. I guess everyone was pretty impresed both about the car and the girl's driving skills. Just trying to bring up the rep of the neon in my area b/c everyone expects them to be really slow.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: lateralus823

Burn out on dry BARE pavement or what here? Cause i hardly doubt its a burnout. Im lucky if i get a screetch turning a corning on W.O.T.

With my stock185's on the front I left a 6 foot mark pretty easily, now with my 195s its a bit harder but it still burns out. When I pull out of Taco Bell at half throttle it will roach a good 4 foot mark. Yes this is dry pavement too, it was a 6-7foot black mark in the black top road. On take off it seems as if Mine has more torque at half throttle then it does at W.O.T,during racesI start out half throttle then I floor it around 20-25mph.I think thats because it drowns itself out using W.O.T on launch, I've always gotten better launches off using only half throttle. Especially if the Engine has been running less than 20 minutes you can get em to dance pretty good with 185's and a fresh start up, or if you don't beat it for the first half hour and you drive normal they seem to keep the power then.

Now with my 195 tires its alot harder to burn out and I have to resort to ebrake standsbut I can burn pretty good on dryconcrete or corners still pretty good. I might put the 185's onand cam it burning out in a stright lineon dry pavementand upload the video for yall to see

I actually can burn out alot better then my sisters freshly rebuilt '97 Grand Am's SE 2.4Quad 4 (this engine is a DOHC) can. We raced once and she totally took me off the line and it wasnt until about 45mph that I was able to pass her and beat her by 3 car lengths@ 85mph.

I'm not sure what this all included but my old SOHC PCM had a sticker thatsaid it had a software update in 2000 from the dealer, Mine always seemed faster than other SOHC car's I've driven and I could never put my finger on why. Maybe not everyone got that update? thats probably why mine seems damn fast for a SOHC? I bought my '98Neon running for $150 they thought the tranny blew and here the only thing wrong was a 99cent cracked hose to the tranny cooler, they wanted the car gone so I gladly took it off their hands for the $150.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:49 PM
HabitatHxC
Captain

Just a word from the wise. Unless you have limited slip. DONT DO BURNOUTS! I went through 2 trannys, Both popped a differential pin.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: HabitatHxC

Just a word from the wise. Unless you have limited slip. DONT DO BURNOUTS! I went through 2 trannys, Both popped a differential pin.
yeah its got limited slip only my right wheel burns...lol

Old 07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Leonheart17240
Veteran

i can leave a 60 foot posi burnout with my neon and i dont think the tranny has a lsd... but i got it off a nut case so it might.... and sence were still telling storys 3 nights ago a 2002 wrx pulls up next to me and starts revin... so i put the window down and start talking to the guy... he wants to run im like ok lets go, 321 and i spin like a b**ch he pulls a head a little and by 2nd i was becide him 3rd about a 1/2 car ahead the gov he was no where in sight.... i stop to get gas and he pulls in... hes like man that thing is a turd... and i was like hmmm i think i just beat you, and he said he missed 3rd... wtf

Old 07-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: Leonheart17240

i can leave a 60 foot posi burnout with my neon and i dont think the tranny has a lsd... but i got it off a nut case so it might.... and sence were still telling storys 3 nights ago a 2002 wrx pulls up next to me and starts revin... so i put the window down and start talking to the guy... he wants to run im like ok lets go, 321 and i spin like a b**ch he pulls a head a little and by 2nd i was becide him 3rd about a 1/2 car ahead the gov he was no where in sight.... i stop to get gas and he pulls in... hes like man that thing is a turd... and i was like hmmm i think i just beat you, and he said he missed 3rd... wtf
he's just pissed off he got beat by Neon. You should have told him he's a ****y driver if he missed a gear that and his tranny sucks if he's missing gears like that.

most2nd gears should at least go up to 65-75mph if he didnt beat you by then he wasnt going to at all, in most cases if my neon beats or stays withsomebody off the line (or until 25mph) I will win the race for sure, after 25mph the Neon's I've driven get legsand never look back.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Leonheart17240
Veteran

thats what i thought too, but o well.... i love when people lose and are like what you got done to that thing... hmmmm exhaust, cold air, underdrive, struts springs... and im like what you got... o its turboed... then i die laughing

Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 PM
lateralus823
Veteran

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

my old blue r/t always got wasted by 98ish and newer autotaurus' and 99ish and newer autogrand am's...even the SE models.....no matter what i did, i couldnt beat them...and i raced a kid once in a bone stock honda before...he smoked me pretty good....it was just funny though since it was a 400ex 4-wheeler

now the 95 taurus sho i had could really roast the tires from a dead stop
Hers is 2000 or something and i kept right up and mines a SOHC AUTO. I mean he said he had it floored, it was a close race tho.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Slashwannabe

I found this race on youtube a stock SOHC Automaticvs a Mitsubishi Mirage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQKbkZYWd8

I personally think if I was driving the lead would have been much more.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 PM
lateralus823
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

I found this race on youtube a stock SOHC Automaticvs a Mitsubishi Mirage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQKbkZYWd8

I personally think if I was driving the lead would have been much more.
Wow shut up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you love them mustn'tangs