Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Evernham merger, sponsors and Scott Riggs

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:17 AM
scatpackmopar
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evernham merger, sponsors and Scott Riggs

The merger between Montreal Canadians owner Gilette is close to being a done deal. There are rumors that say Budweiser through Bud Lite is interested in sponsoring Kasey Kahne. McDonalds is also interested in becoming a primary sponsor for Kahne as well as Allstate insurance. There are also rumors that Elliot Sadler will be reunited with M&M's brand candy on the 19 car. With the buyout of Chrysler by Cerberus Dodge may be willing to step aside as the primary sponsors on both cars. Evernhams contract with Dodge runs through 2010. Scott Riggs on the other hand has been rumored to be possibly out of a job next year. If Riggs does not return expect to see Kyle Busch behind the wheel on the 10 car next year. Kyle has narrowed his list of teams down to 5. DEI, RCR, JGR, Ganassi and EMS are on his short list. [/align]

Old 08-02-2007, 02:24 PM
nascarnut
Professional
Default RE: Evernham merger, sponsors and Scott Riggs

Riggs is deff. in trouble. He hasn't made too many races as of late and when he does, he runs poorly. Evernham needs to come back and let Sadler be the face of the organization for awhile. Kahne needs time to regroup and all the added pressure certainly isn't helping him much.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: nascarnut

Riggs is deff. in trouble. He hasn't made too many races as of late and when he does, he runs poorly. Evernham needs to come back and let Sadler be the face of the organization for awhile. Kahne needs time to regroup and all the added pressure certainly isn't helping him much.

I just think they need to "up" their program. last year they were doing good. now this year, everything went down the drain. I wouldnt blame the drivers. I think it has more to do with the cars.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:26 AM
nascarnut
Professional

I'll agree alittle on the cars. However, Riggs not making races could be a combo of team, cars, and driver. Kahne is simply just over driving the cars is some cases. Sure the cars aren't up to par but its no reason to wreck. I also thing they are really far behind on the COT which has hurt the,

Old 08-03-2007, 01:35 PM
JokerzVeng
Rookie

Well for all of u who dont know me im JokerzVeng and am a very avid kasey kahne fan, as for the bud light/bud sponsorship im not too happy bout that if it does go through but i certainly cant stop it,in my opinion i would love to see the coors light sponsorship on his ride, but im perfectly happy with the dodge dealership sponsor.
As far as this race year...well im pretty sure that i can speak for most if not all of us that this year has been a farce,im not really sure what the heck the problem is but i hope they rectify it by next year...last year we finally had a great chance to become a super contender but we fell a lil short but i had no idea that we would fall on our faces this bad this year..well heres to next year and i sure its a better year...!!!!

Quick Reply: Evernham merger, sponsors and Scott Riggs