Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

15s are mine...

Old 10-26-2004, 01:03 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 15s are mine...

I always run like that. In fact I'll probably run some times with stock trim, then I'll bust out my wrenches and take my seats out. I can take them all out in a matter of about 15-20 minutes. Enough time for my beast to cool off a little bit.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:19 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Okay today is the day. I'm just glad the rain has rolled out of here since this one of the last days the track is open this year, and probably the last day I can go this year. Car is feeling stronger than ever right now..we'll see later if its all in my head or if it really is. I'll have my digicam there, my friends should have a cam there too...I'll try to get some video/pics, I'll post any if I get any worth posting.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:33 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good luck!

ill be happy just to make another 12 second run this season...[:@]

Old 10-27-2004, 03:00 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yup, thanks. I'll be on my way to the track in a few hours, I can't wait. I want a 15 before I get the car ready for some major mods that are coming this winter. I will post my results after I get home tonight so check back, hopefully I have good times. I'm hoping someone with a Civic shows up this time...I'm tired of beating down on Cavaliers. Just something different that is in my league that I haven't gone up against.

Old 10-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Vader
Champion

Good luck, May the Force be with you

Old 10-28-2004, 02:17 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Okay...that has to be the worst time I've ever had at the track. I couldn't run worth anything...I must not of done something right when we put my shifter bushings on. I had the hardest time getting it to go into 3rd. I had my buddy take a look at it and he concurred it was either my shifter or bushings (not tranny related). Which I figured because I don't power shift it or anything. Anyhow, I had no traction most the night. I pulled some of my worst 60fts since I've been racing. On one run I spun my tires completely through 1st gear. I had my highest trap speed tonight of almost 88MPH which if you know about drag racing should be good for something in the 15s if you can pull a decent 60ft. My car was making more than enough power to do it, but I couldn't shift or get traction. It is definitely a high 15 car now...I just have no proof of it. I can feel it though how it pulls. Anyways...I'm a little too ticked off at the moment to type too much more.

Best Run: 16.1 with weight redux
16.2 with stock everything minus spare tire
16.4 with everything and the kitchen sink in the car (and goin easy on it)
(^^every one of those times were with crappy shifts^^)

Old 10-28-2004, 03:31 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear that...[:@]

will you have another shot this year, or are you packing it in?? a guy with which i work invited me to go with soem of his friends to the track next week. there are about 20 cars going, and we have the track for 4 hours. im hoping to see how the car feels since the engine came apart 2 weeks ago. they did it last year, and one of the guys made somewhere in the area of 45 runs, and went through 2 sets of front tires...too bad you dont live closer

Old 10-28-2004, 03:41 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Nope...I'm done for the year. Track is open one day this weekend then its shutdown for the year. I'm done for the year....I'm so unbelieveable pissed off right now. Damn those motor mounts...I'm getting so much power to the ground now..but my tires don't hook. And the bastards at the track weren't puttin any VHT down...except for those stupid *** go carts with big wings (sorry if anyone drives one of these and I offended them, but I feel they only put that stuff down for the muscle car group who all run slicks anyways). I know its a high 15 second run capable...I just can't prove it. Every one of my launchs were under 3 grand. I used to let it lose at about 4500-5000rpm before i put the mounts in. I would get light wheelspin then they would hook. Now I launch at 2500-3000 grand ease into it, then stomp on it after I thought the tires had hooked, but they never did. I'm getting so much more power to ground with the mounts that I'm getting some crazy *** wheel spin. Now i really need new tires or else I'm gonna have a hard time doing it next year.

Old 10-29-2004, 06:56 PM
dodgedakota89

i had an 84 ramcharger running 15:40's. The mile per hour was 88mph

Old 10-29-2004, 07:33 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yup...that is my point exactly. I need to take my car apart this weekend and check it out. We believe a bushing may not quite be on all the way which is making it very difficult for me to put it in 3rd (and its only been doing it since I switched bushings last weekend so I know 100% its not my tranny's problem. Its a bushing or my actual shifter). Hence...why i couldn't break 16, if you can't shift fast you can't get good times. I pulled some pretty horrible 60fts, now I know what its like to not be able to launch. The car just pulls so damn hard now out of first its almost impossible for me to not spin the tires. But my tires suck so I might be able to hook up better with better tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 15s are mine...