Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Ricetard?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 02:18 AM
elric62285
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ricetard?

I'm not going to argue either way but wouldn't you guys say that the neon is dodges answer to the civic. And the SRT-4, is almost comparable to the '04 RSX type R. If you think about it we who drive neon are just American bred ricers driving American versions of the Honda. On the other hand my '95 would whip any ricer here in Baton Rouge so I will say I feel morally superior to real ricers. What do ya'll think?

Old 10-27-2004, 02:25 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ricetard?

i agree whole heartedly...ive just been waiting for someone else to say it..

ive given up my ricer denial....so should some others...
i see alot of civics in the area with the same wing that the SRt comes with,...i know theyre faster than my RT...but such is life.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:36 AM
elric62285
Professional

there is no shame in being an american ricer as long as we smoke the japs.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:41 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

mine is just a regular ricer...im a mistu in disguise...

Old 10-28-2004, 08:48 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be a ricer though you have to be all show and no go and the SRT-4 has more than enough go to back up it's looks. And the fact is that the SRT-4 is stock from the factory the way it is and a slammed, big winged, wide body, scoops, flares, graphics & stickers, plow nose, etc. Civic isn't. The Neons, Cavaliers and Focus' are the cars used mostly by the domestic ricers, but until they rice it up with the previously mentioned items they are far from being ricers.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:25 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

A stock civic is not anymore ricey from the factory than a neon, cavalier, or focus.

Old 10-28-2004, 11:37 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

as ive said before...if someone hits the right numbers, ill be driving one, but a 4 door, 4 cylinder, with that wing, and dual exhaust...i dont know who here us familiar with the ricer violation form, but the SRT has factory violations.

and for the record, can anyone provide positive proof that mistubishi wasnt involved with the SRT4 engine? considering the success of the DSMs, and that the new neon is rumored to be, basically an evo..also, a few people who are hardcore dsm people, insist that the block and head are from a mistu turbo motor base. lots of people have opinions, but no proof anywhere.

Old 10-28-2004, 02:21 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

What violations do you speak of (just wondering)? But I don't see how a Civic is anymore ricey then a neon, cavalier, or focus. Its not like Civics come from the factory with park bench wings. They come in most cases with no wings and if they have one they are very small wings much like that come on domestic cars that are comparable to it. So I don't see how make a Civic out to be rice from the factory. Unless you're going solely on the basis that Honda is foreign. Hell, most that car probably isn't even made over there.

Old 10-28-2004, 02:26 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i dont know..how about that awful new Si? or the older ones? has no one here seen the ricer violation checklist?? it looks like a parking ticket...

Old 10-28-2004, 04:03 PM
elric62285
Professional

Whoa! I gotta say that if I ever give it up for a Honda it will only be for the Civic Si or an RSX type R It does come from the factory with a massive wing, dropped, race suspension, 17's wrapped in stickies, with a fartcan. Let's not forget the advanced internals or the top end EMU. Those things are sooooo sweet. I might even trade my neon for one...or maybe not. And you can still be a ricer even if your car looks like a million bucks and runs like you put a million into the engine bay. It's that whole underground ricer mentality. Dirty Jap cars, all they do is rag on us until they see our tails. I drove past some ****** that had collected at aMcDonalds one night and they laughed at me so I pulled around, burned out and took off. I waited for them on the on ramp and when the showed I gave them the ride of their lives... until I stopped playin and mashed, they don't realize that a neon at stock is faster than a civic at stock so what do they think happens when we beef our babies up? Smells like Hirshima after the A-bomb- just a bunch of burnt rice.[sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=trust_me.gif]

Quick Reply: Ricetard?