Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Why Titan, Why ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 02:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Why Titan, Why ?

also..i think hes talking about nissan's highest end truck.

if he wants to go highest end for highest end...we have a truck at work im sure he would have a hard time with...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2745/CD78BC5850B94C2A90B2FCED882A0635.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Truckman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

That certainly is one test. It must be written is stone with no variation possible. The dodge they tested was a full-time 4x4 with 20's, not the fastest by a longshot.

The few titans I've run on the street, lost horrribly. A guy I know through work wanted to go from a light, then from a roll and lost. He couldn't believe he got spanked so bad when I saw him the next day. Yeah, the titan may be quicker than a QC Dodge, but they have yet to take a RC, 2WD Hemi in any accelleration test I've seen.

Glad that you're happy with your truck.

What is your point to come to this forum and talk about it though. We think your truck sucks. It's the ugliest truck on the road, it doesn't handle as good as a Dodge, doesn't out run all the Rams, and has a cheap looking interior.

So really guy. Why not go back to whatever corner of the internet you came from and talk nissan with your nissan buddies. They are definitely more interested in, and receptive to, your take on the Dodge truck.
Doesn't handle as good? Sorry but your info is flawed, even though its a truck, it handles better than all of them. Who cares how it handles. It will out last your dodge, it will pull more than your dodge, haul more than your dodge if you want to get down too it. Oh and next time race someone who know how to drive a Titan. VDC kicked in cuts out alot of power from the Titan. Prevents wheel-spin.

Old 11-25-2004, 11:07 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't handle as good? Sorry but your info is flawed, even though its a truck, it handles better than all of them. Who cares how it handles.
Is it? Because I took that from the link for the test you posted. SO if you're saying it's flawed, what's your point? What are you basing your arguement on?

I can see from your statements that you aren't mentally up to the challenges of this conversation. You can't even properly convey the information about the article you linked.

I really thought this was going to be more interesting than what it's turning out to be. See you out there.

Old 11-25-2004, 11:29 PM
RT_Driver
Professional

Nissan has made V8s for years, and this is the first truck I know of they put one in. But guess what, it is pretty much the best v8 out there.
Umm... What are you smoking? Let me know, it must be some good ****. Are you saying they beat Ferrari, BMW, and Mercades Benz in V8 performance? Are you for real?

Look, What do you expect coming to a DODGE forum and walking your little baby nuts around here. All you are is just an insecure short fat man that can't listen to real arguements.

Do I think that Dodge trucks beat all others? No. Because car makers are always finding ways to out do one other. And in real life, it's not the vehicle that wins the race, it's the driver.

Old 11-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Truckman

ORIGINAL: RT_Driver

Nissan has made V8s for years, and this is the first truck I know of they put one in. But guess what, it is pretty much the best v8 out there.
Umm... What are you smoking? Let me know, it must be some good ****. Are you saying they beat Ferrari, BMW, and Mercades Benz in V8 performance? Are you for real?

Look, What do you expect coming to a DODGE forum and walking your little baby nuts around here. All you are is just an insecure short fat man that can't listen to real arguements.

Do I think that Dodge trucks beat all others? No. Because car makers are always finding ways to out do one other. And in real life, it's not the vehicle that wins the race, it's the driver.
Wow is all you can do is act like a 13 year old and insult others? Grow up.

Old 11-26-2004, 03:52 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I have read and seen you have done nothing to prove any of your claims and only given the ammo to prove you wrong, such as the handling and ride issue. The only reason the Titan won in acceleration is becaust the Ram is full time 4 wheel drive where the Titan has the best of both worlds since it's switchable between 2WD and 4WD. With this setup it has the best of both, it will engage 4WD on launch and disengage it afterwards applying full power to just 2 giving it more power to the ground. The only way to test them fairly would be to have the Titan against a 2WD Hemi Ram, although the Titan will still retain the launch advantage since the 4WD will engage, but it could be evened up by running the Ram with slicks. Although from what I have seen, a Hemi Ram 1500 with a SWB will beat the Titan time and time again. I suggest that you provide proof of what you keep trying to claim, that is a fair comparison and not an off balanced one like you've already posted, or go elsewhere because talk is cheap.

Old 11-26-2004, 04:54 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

notice..he skirts around the SRT10 ram..

Old 11-26-2004, 05:11 AM
RT_Driver
Professional

Wow is all you can do is act like a 13 year old and insult others? Grow up.
Sorry, but sometimes the truth is harsh. We are calling you on your own info link. You haven't had ANY solid evidence of your claims, and are posting some wild opinions. Since your not up to the task of making any REAL arguements or have an intelligent conversation, kindly butt out.

When you do find some good testing in an equal enviroment and equal vehicle options feel free to post them with the link.

Old 11-26-2004, 07:20 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed it, but then again doesn't everyone always run around it when faced with the SRT-10 comment. I was going to bring that up, but I have already heard all the boo hooing about it being unfair so I went after just the regular Hemi Ram instead since that's what they're gung ho about claiming they can beat.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-26-2004, 10:53 AM
purdueranger
Veteran

Hell I will run my jeep up against any titan that wants to play.

Quick Reply: Why Titan, Why ?