Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Lets start a New NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 AM
lngbrding
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets start a New NASCAR

I love the sport. There was a time (about 15 years ago) when I felt like many of the others here though. Why in the world am I watching these guys turn left for 4 1/2 hours? After I went to my first Daytona 500 though, I was hooked. Once you get into it, learn the teams, learn the drivers, figure out what the soap opera saga is that's going on behind the pit walls... It's addicting. Now I LOVE the ovals and feel the exact opposite about the road courses. If I wanted to see them turn left and right, I'd watch a SCCA, Rally, or the open wheel guys. The biggest reason for my lack of enthusiasm I guess is that at both Watkins Glenn and Infineon, there isn't a place where spectators can really see the race. It's too big. Too spread out. It makes great television though... I have to give them that. My solution though would be to trade the Bristol Night race with the Daytona Night Race... But, run the Daytona night race ON THE ROAD COURSE. It's under lights, has 11 turns Not including the chicane, and the entire track can be seen from any grand stand seat.

The original post though was referring to Biffle's win and how he should not have had that win. I guess I agree with that. It completely contradicts the ruling that screwed Robby Gordon in the Canada Busch road course a couple of months ago. Completely. Also, Kurt Busch was penalized several weeks back for his pit road antics with Tony, but Tony didn't penalized the other week for a similar incident with Paul Menard. The officiating this year had not seemingly been very consistent. That's got to change.

Mitch

Old 10-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Nofrag
Champion

ORIGINAL: Horseapples

Agreed ! Steel bumpers, jacks that took more than one pump to lift a car, cars that look like the ones on the showroom floor, supercars available to the public, those were the days!!
That's right brother, win on sunday, sell on monday! Back when the factory made changes to all the cars to give an advantage to the few at the track.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
handymanherb
Banned

Nascar is all about the money

I could be racing on TV nowadays if Humpy Wheeler hadn't stole the Dwarf Car design from taking 6 cars from our factory shop in SC to try.

Next thing we know he invented a new ideal, our cars with fenders and all the money going to Humpy, we raced them a few times and beat the whole group of them in Hickory and never got invited back

Quick Reply: Lets start a New NASCAR