Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

laser versus srx.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default laser versus srx.

so with the unseasonably warm weather lately, ive had the laser out a few times, and took it out tonight for a bit. i came off the highway with a black srx behind me, and i noticed that he seemed tobe working to get by me. we came through a few intersections, and he was weaving in and out behind me, trying to get by, and we finally got into some open air, and came to a red light. he was an older guy, who gave the little laser a good once over while we waitedd for the light to change, and when the cross traffic stopped, he began inching forward like he was staging. i eased forward, staying nose up with him, and when the light turned, we had a decent AWD v AWD battle, but when i went into second, i began pulling on him a bit, and by 80 or so, i was several lengths and he got out of it...i did the same, and he came flying by me a few seconds later waving out the window as he went past...

i was surprised that it stayed with me as well as it did, and in looking around, im shocked to see that they run in the high 14s to low 15s...

on the way home, i had an older guy in a magnum rt who seemed to want to play around, but we never got into open air, and he turned off...a short time later, i came up on a tibby with crooked dual exhaust..a cheap looking body kit that wasnt quite the same shade of red...it sounded like a 4 cylinder auto, and not surprisingly, he wouldnt go...[:@]

Old 01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: laser versus srx.

Sounds like u got a nice little sleeper there badstratrt.......??? were do u live that u get into so many races in one night??? i would like that, but i usually only race 0-60 on the street..... sometimes alittle more than that but not often(depends on the car that i am racin)

in my town there is a ton of riceburners, and not to many nice fast cars, several mustangs, and one pritty quick camaro, but that is about it.....

only one built honda crx (quick car) i road in it, but never have had the opertunity to race heads up.....[:@]

i live in a small town, and like to go to the track, better compatition........

i do not like to brag but dollar for dollar my car is prolly the fastest car in my hick town..... doesnt say much because i can only barly get into the 13s...[:@] untill the end of this winter

Old 01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
hot_asphalt
Rookie

that's too funny, about getting 13 i mean. i have a friend that has a mustang and it's got about 125k in the stereo, and everytime he takes it to the track i laugh my face off, because it does high end 14's hahahahahaha, isn't that great. it's a really pretty tank

Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

Sounds like u got a nice little sleeper there badstratrt.......??? were do u live that u get into so many races in one night??? i would like that, but i usually only race 0-60 on the street..... sometimes alittle more than that but not often(depends on the car that i am racin)
i dont get into races that often. i see a ton more cars around here that id like to race than i did in PA, but in michigan, or at least in my area, many people seem to want to go around, in the rare event that traffic doesnt prevent it. however, it is still the motor city, and there are lots of modded looking cars running around here...
the laser only turned out 8th miles times that would put it in the mid, maybe low 14s...this past summer, as its almost stock. it is a fun little car to drive though...

Old 01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
dtjackten

That is pritty cool, any plans for mods in the future???

Old 01-11-2008, 03:38 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i might get some small things, like an MBC...i need to find some new charge piping, as i have a boost leak, and the stock rubber piping is in very bad shape...there are several points that are dry rotted, but i dont want to change over to hard piping right now...

Old 01-12-2008, 08:57 AM
dtjackten

yeah, hard piping can be a bitch to run..... when u run 2.5 inch pipe, and only have 2.75 of an inch to get the pipe threw...... lol, well that is my car atleast....

Old 01-12-2008, 10:46 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i have quite a bit of room, but my car is made with the piping, you had to make yours fit. with the laser, its not as easy as just running new piping, as the hard piping kits require me to relocate the BOV, and i think that ill have to relocate the mounting bracket for the air box, etc...

Quick Reply: laser versus srx.