Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Lane Change

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:55 PM
lugnuts
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lane Change

Was going down 42nd street in my 84 Dodge pickup here while back,and there was a kid in a fart piped Honda in the left lane. He kept gouging the Honda up to about 6 grand and letting off, and eyeballing me. Nowat the timethe old truckhad a worked 440, 2' fenderwell headers,4' exhaust. 3000 stall, and 4.88s. Loud as hell. I kept thinking 'Go away ya damn fool', but he kept it up even after the next light. Well, keep asking and ye shall receive.
I eased up beside him at about 2500rpm in second gear. As soon as he gassed the Honda I nailedthe throttle. You could hear the 440 for 6 blocks in every direction as it anialated the 30-13.5 rear tires,bouncing off the rev limiter @ 7000.
The kid freaked so bad he let off the gas and wobbled plumb over in the left turn lane. With a **** eatin' grin you couldn't slap off my face , I dropped the 440 in third and eased on my merry way.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:15 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Lane Change

have you ever had it on a track?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:58 PM
lugnuts
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lane Change

Been once. Had a homemade link running from the top of the rear end to a crossmember I welded in, to prevent axle rotation. Had good track prep that night, nailed the throttle,the rod end pulled out of the link. Had it adjusted out too far. The rear end rotated so far it bound the U-joint,breaking the pinon off the 9' Ford. Also bent the left spring bad enough that the fender sat down lightly on the tire.Took the leaf clamps off the springs behind the axle, allowing the leaves to separate,which helps plant the tires. Went to hell when the link broke. Shoulda just put some slapper bars on it. Haven'tmade itback. The 440 is milder now with a diff cam package/intake/carb/header combo. Idles[roughly] with the A/C on!

Quick Reply: Lane Change