Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

cooked rice!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 04:55 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cooked rice!!

ORIGINAL: DC2JZ

There is a Type R in the united states. Its a 1.8L 195HP Vtec. The WRX STi runs a 13.2 stock with 302 horses. If he really had 400 some odd ***** then he should have beaten you. The people with domestics are amazing, they brag about how big their motors are, and how much horsepower theyve got. When you sit and think about it, a 1.8 creating 195 horses is ridiculously high, the HP per litre is amazing, and proves that domestics use no technology or thought when they design their cars. Howcan you brag and talk all your crap when you beat a stock civic, or a riced out import. I cant wait to see what you guys do when you see a CRX run a 12 with a stock motor.

A stock motor out of what? The one it comes with will not run 12s stock.

Old 08-08-2004, 05:02 AM
RT_Driver
Professional

More than likely he is talking about a B18c5. Thats the Integra Type R motor. The problem with the CRX as a drag car is there short wheel base. They may not weight much, but they have a hard time hooking up. But last time I checked, Scott Mohler in the all motor Neon has the fastest Import all motor time.

Old 08-08-2004, 06:25 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a Type R in the united states. Its a 1.8L 195HP Vtec. The WRX STi runs a 13.2 stock with 302 horses. If he really had 400 some odd ***** then he should have beaten you. The people with domestics are amazing, they brag about how big their motors are, and how much horsepower theyve got. When you sit and think about it, a 1.8 creating 195 horses is ridiculously high, the HP per litre is amazing, and proves that domestics use no technology or thought when they design their cars. Howcan you brag and talk all your crap when you beat a stock civic, or a riced out import. I cant wait to see what you guys do when you see a CRX run a 12 with a stock motor.
The Type R that is here in the US is not the actual Type R that they have in Japan. As far as HP per litre goes, they are by far one of the best. However they do this by shooting themselves in the foot by having little to no torque at 130. The American cars have always been focused primarily towards acceleration and drag racing, and the main ingredient in this is torque. The Japanese cars are more focused at road racing and high horsepower is what gets the job done for that. This is a major reason for the American cars larger engines, the more CID it has the more natural torque it will produce. The only way a stock motor CRX could do 12's is if your talking about 1/8 mile or being dropped out of a C-130.

And as far as using ones technology or thought when designing a car, what is the fastest Japanese car in the world in the 1/4 mile? Can it beat a good old low tech American V8 that produces several thousand horsepower and turns 4's at over 330 MPH? Because that is what the American top fuel dragsters are, and yes they are called and considered cars.

Old 08-08-2004, 12:22 PM
purdueranger
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

The Type R that is here in the US is not the actual Type R that they have in Japan. As far as HP per litre goes, they are by far one of the best. However they do this by shooting themselves in the foot by having little to no torque at 130. The American cars have always been focused primarily towards acceleration and drag racing, and the main ingredient in this is torque. The Japanese cars are more focused at road racing and high horsepower is what gets the job done for that. This is a major reason for the American cars larger engines, the more CID it has the more natural torque it will produce. The only way a stock motor CRX could do 12's is if your talking about 1/8 mile or being dropped out of a C-130.

And as far as using ones technology or thought when designing a car, what is the fastest Japanese car in the world in the 1/4 mile? Can it beat a good old low tech American V8 that produces several thousand horsepower and turns 4's at over 330 MPH? Because that is what the American top fuel dragsters are, and yes they are called and considered cars.

Last time I checked the fastest 1/4 mile time was a blown big block HEMI. I wanna see some jap machine launch at 8Gs, burn nitromethane, and go 335mph.

Also about American V8s being low tech. Last time I checked SOHC isn't new technology. If the old pushrod V8 does the job just fine then let it be. Hell I am happy with my little 318 in my grand cherokee. I also have drove a celica it had a wapping 90HP and who knows how little torque.

If you want a riced out I4 from the factory that's cool but all you can do to it is but a CAI bigger turbo or turbos and a fart can exhaust on it. Then you get to your american V8 that you can stroke it, add a blower, heads, cam, intake, headers, nice loud exhaust system.

Old 08-08-2004, 02:26 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend

You can actually do all of that to either, it's just a matter of how much power potential that there is in them and the good old American V8 has it wrapped up. It's the American V8 that the police use to get the job done and they are ran hard and proven reliable. It's pretty funny to watch COPs where they run down some of the high dollar Japanese cars with the big American V8's and they catch them every time.

Old 08-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 08-08-2004, 06:56 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

It's pretty funny to watch COPs where they run down some of the high dollar Japanese cars with the big American V8's and they catch them every time.
Well, maybe 98%-99% of the time, depends on traffic and road conditions (we don't normally pursue vehicles in the rain, except for possible felons)[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 08-09-2004, 03:02 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

The Japanese are the only ones that are even interested in making a high powered small 4 banger. These high powered extremely small 4 bangers have tremendous design costs and that higher cost gets passed onto the customers. Just look at the prices of the high power, well known Japanese cars such as the Supra turbo, 300ZX turbo, RX-7 turbo, NSX, STi, EVO, etc. These cars are priced like a Corvette or even more. The US used larger, well built strong engines that perform as well as and in most cases far better than the Japanese ones. This also keeps the design costs down which gets passed onto the customers. When a US company does put forth great efforts on designing and quality control it costs far more due to the difference in wages between here and there, this is why the hand built Vipers are so expensive.

Old 08-12-2004, 02:11 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

The Japanese are the only ones that are even interested in making a high powered small 4 banger. These high powered extremely small 4 bangers have tremendous design costs and that higher cost gets passed onto the customers. Just look at the prices of the high power, well known Japanese cars such as the Supra turbo, 300ZX turbo, RX-7 turbo, NSX, STi, EVO, etc.
First off, great Kill SilverBullet.
71RoadRunner, I know what you mean, very few fast japanese cars are relatively affordable to the lower middle class such as myself. I choose to build my own "American Muscle" rather than a used japanese product.
Speaking of used, I "used" a Turbo Supra a while back at work. I overheard a guy at work talking about how he beats Camaro SS's and Cobra Mustangs and even hangs with Vipers.
I had recently registered the Roadrunner for street class racing so I decided to drive it to work since I see this guy on the way alot.
Sure enough the second day I ran up behind him at the light right before our plant.
He saw me and as we started out in first I heard his turbo spool up and when I changed lanes to pass him he hit it, I was about a car and a half back and I hammered the rest of first, went by him like he was in reverse, and shifted to second and left a few carlengths between us.
When we got inside, he couldn't believe how fast I past him!
He asked "how much Horespower are you making?" I said oh about 500, but thats only about 400 to the wheels.
My car was running mid 11's with 4.30 gears, a .557 purple cam, and a dynamic converter.
I've toned it down since then and have a 3.23 gear, a small elgin hydraulic cam, and a 3500 stall and it runs 12.45@ 109.
It's good to be on the Dodge Forum!

Old 08-13-2004, 04:46 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

And we're glad to have you on board here at Dodge Forum as well.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: cooked rice!!