Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

another reason why texas is great

Old 04-06-2008, 12:10 PM
bone33
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another reason why texas is great

ORIGINAL: JD1500

I just don't get nascar... It is the most boring thing to watch, aside from golf. and doesnt seem too require that much skill. With enough practice any ******* can make left turns for 3 hours. The course is banked, they only race in prestine weather. Then only thing impressive about nascar is the engine builders.

(now i put flamesuit on)
well when you get behind the wheel of a NASCAR sanctionedracecar like i have then you can talk all the crap you want. it takes alot of ***** to drive fast and hit those turns at high speed and exit smoothly while the other cars are just inches from you and on the edge of spinning out, just as you are. i only did it once, but that was enough for me to experiencewhat i needed to know and to realize that idont want to do that every week.

i dont watch the whole race because it does get boring. i only watch the last 50 laps, thats where the real racing is. if you want to see some down home real racing then you should attend the races at thegrassrootslevel at your local asphalt track. thats an exciting dash for the cash and the guys are not in it for the money or TV time, but for the love of the sport.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:11 PM
RamItOne

I just don't get nascar... It is the most boring thing to watch, aside from golf. and doesnt seem too require that much skill. With enough practice any ******* can make left turns for 3 hours. The course is banked, they only race in prestine weather. Then only thing impressive about nascar is the engine builders.

(now i put flamesuit on)
it took me a while to get into nascar, i didnt get it at first.

you need to go check out the drivers and pick a few to follow, if you arent going for anyone in particular then yeahs its no fun.... thats a big reason why soccer isnt popular in the US, i go to europe every year, and its fun to watch some of my local teams compete. if you dont care about a team that almost goal scored on you is a huge deal.

I leave NASCAR on all my 9 TV's throughout the house, even got one in the garage. ill watch the pre race and first 20% of the race then ill usually have to run out to get more beer by then and either pick up some bbq or focus on my own bbq, maybe mow the lawn, then get back to the last 3/4 of the race.
but when im on a beer run i have it on sirius 128, just to make sure i dont miss hearing fancy boy wreck....

Old 04-06-2008, 02:42 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

Ive raced before, jsut never nascar. Motorcycles, your on two wheels, non banked corners, race in rain etc. Drag racing you have timing issues, and trying to keep it straight. Aoutocross and Rally you have alot going on, alot of butt puckering moments.

It jsut seems alot of difficulty is taken out of nascar. It may be scary, jsut doesn't seem all that difficult. If i ever get the chance, ill have to try it. I am jsut putting out my perspective.

Soccer...well idont watch it, but that is crazy, those fields are huge. my fat *** could never run that much.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:53 PM
RamItOne

yeah but if a motorcycles front tire had to turn to make a turn instead of just leaning youd need banking...
hayden is a bad mother focker, my friend was friends with him back when she lived in ky. nascar runs in rain, not pouring as they run slicks.....

Old 04-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Nofrag
Champion

(now i put flamesuit on)
ummmm...... Baseball

That is all.

Thankyou.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:37 PM
RamItOne

yeah baseball is just about as bad as curling, i mean hockey....

Old 04-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Nofrag
Champion

lol hockey has got to be the roughest, most exciting sport out there. And atleast there's yelling and a little bit of excitment in curling lol.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:02 PM
RamItOne

why do canadian women take it in the butt????

so they dont miss the hockey game...

rugby doesnt have pads.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

(now i put flamesuit on)
Its ALOT harder than you put it, however I do agree to some degree. I wish nascar would go back to how it used to be, actual cars racing that werent identical to each other, oh, and NO TOYOTA!!

Old 04-06-2008, 04:12 PM
RamItOne

i see what you mean jr with going back to its roots, but thats the problem with indy where the person with the most money gets the best car.......
nascar its 80% driver if not more, 15% car, and 5% crew chief... *** margin of error 5% lol....

it would be funny if they had a charity short track with a 55mph max speed limit but you can knock the **** out of anyone you want.

Dont be a Yota hater, they will dominate in about 3 years, look at the craftsman truck series, took them a while, they finally got rid of that brother that couldnt drive for ****, think he drives for dodge now lol....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: another reason why texas is great