Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

another reason why texas is great

Old 04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
turfgrass
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another reason why texas is great

Um dude, hockey sucks to watch on tv, in person fine, Baseball is great when I get to watch my team (Tigers), or a good pitching battle is going on.And back when I lived in the Detroit area and got CBC I would watch curling whenever it was on, always entertained me when bored to the max. Now I work at a country club in the Chicago area that actually has curling in the winter..lol. How come no one mentioned bull riding, I love watching that every weekend on Versus HD.

But back on topic, I still don't get Nascar entirely but I have started watching it lately, just the first 20 laps, until fox does the Pump up the volume so I can crank it up. Then I try to watch the last 20 laps as well.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Nofrag
Champion

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

i see what you mean jr with going back to its roots, but thats the problem with indy where the person with the most money gets the best car.......
nascar its 80% driver if not more, 15% car, and 5% crew chief... *** margin of error 5% lol....
Back when they used real cars in NASCAR though, it wasn't the guy with the most money that won, it was the guy who went to the dealership on monday to get a new car.

it would be funny if they had a charity short track with a 55mph max speed limit but you can knock the **** out of anyone you want.
In the words of Peter Griffin, that would be freakin sweet.

Dont be a Yota hater, they will dominate in about 3 years, look at the craftsman truck series, took them a while, they finally got rid of that brother that couldnt drive for ****, think he drives for dodge now lol....
I can see the point people have though, NASCAR is supposed to be grass roots racin, with no "g", Toyota just doesn't spell grass roots.

ORIGINAL: turfgrass
Um dude, hockey sucks to watch on tv, in person fine, Baseball is great when I get to watch my team (Tigers), or a good pitching battle is going on.And back when I lived in the Detroit area and got CBC I would watch curling whenever it was on, always entertained me when bored to the max. Now I work at a country club in the Chicago area that actually has curling in the winter..lol. How come no one mentioned bull riding, I love watching that every weekend on Versus HD.
Rodeo is exciting, but dude come on, baseball? It's slower than golf. Seriously, atleast tiger swears. I like playing baseball, but watching it is like pulling teeth.

On an added note: I'm beginning to think that in order to drum up traffic in this sub-forum, theres a mod that just searches the word NASCAR every so often, just so he can move an active thread up here and kill it lol.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: Nofrag

On an added note: I'm beginning to think that in order to drum up traffic in this sub-forum, theres a mod that just searches the word NASCAR every so often, just so he can move an active thread up here and kill it lol.
yep..
i also hate the sights and sounds section. just leave the damn clip in off topic.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:42 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

i hate the fact that toyota is involved with NASCAR but in the rules it states that the cars must be either made in the USA or be an american owned company. the fact is that the camary IS the only car made in the USA. I will not buy a jap, korean, russian, english, italian, etc car and i will not buy a car made outside of the USA.... so it really limits my choices on what i will drive.

here are the facts. [:'(]

ford fusion is made in mexico

chevy impala made in mexicoand canada

dodge charger is made in canada

toyota camry is made in USA

Old 04-11-2008, 02:32 AM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: bone33
i will not buy a car made outside of the USA....

here are the facts. [:'(]

ford fusion is made in mexico

chevy impala made in mexicoand canada

dodge charger is made in canada

toyota camry is made in USA

just say north america so you can buy em lol

TOYO WILL DOMINATE!!!!!!!!!!! face the facts, soon youll find sake next to the busch beer..

Itll be Git R Done...correctly HAHAHAHA

Old 04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
mcdcwilliams
Record Breaker

I can't believe what I'm reading about baseball. People are complaining about Toyota, then in the next sentence bashing the most all american thing next to apple pie? It just doesn't compute. Besides, why shouldn't Toyota be in NASCAR if they can compete on the same level?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: another reason why texas is great