Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Scott Wimmer #22 Driver Arrest

Old 02-02-2004, 06:02 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott Wimmer #22 Driver Arrest

Wimmer Arrested: Scott Wimmer, driver for Bill Davis Racing's Nextel Cup #22 Caterpillar team, was arrested for driving while impaired early Saturday morning when he wrecked a blue, 2004 Dodge Ram pickup truck owned by Bill Davis Racing. According to High Point police records, at about 2 a.m. Saturday morning, Wimmer was charged with DWI after officers gave him a Breathalyzer test and found he had a 0.15 blood alcohol content, nearly twice the state legal limit for intoxication, 0.08. Just over one hour later, at about 3:15 a.m., Wimmer's wife Jody Ambrose, was charged with misdemeanor obstruction and delay, according to High Point police records. High Point police officials would not comment on details of the charges. Messages left at Wimmer's home were not returned. Contacted at his home Saturday night, Bill Davis, owner of the High Point-based Bill Davis Racing, would not comment on the incident. When asked about how the DWI charge would affect Wimmer's status on the team, Davis only said, "We really don't have any comment right now. We are kind of figuring out the facts." Court dates for Wimmer and Ambrose are both set for March 10.(High Point Enterprise)(2-1-2004)</P>

Taken from jayski.com</P>

redriderbob
</P>

Old 02-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW!! That's NOT good... first DUI I've heard of from NASCAR... is that right? I wonder how it'll affect him on the team... that's a definate black mark, and crashing a Ram?! C'mon Wimmer!! Get a limo!

~Amanda

Old 02-02-2004, 12:26 PM
redriderbob
Banned

First DUI in NASCAR? I think not, remember NASCAR started out as a group of guys who wanted to see who had the fastest running hauler (meaning moonshine hualing car), God only knows what they drank when they raced!</P>

redriderbob</P>

Old 02-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

LOL! I know that... but seriously, since NASCAR has become huge, I've not heard of a DUI from a driver. Just pit crew or garage help.

~Amanda

Old 02-02-2004, 12:32 PM
redriderbob
Banned

Yeah true, I really haven't heard such a case since early 90's. I am sure there are some that are quietly severed.</P>

redriderbob</P>

Old 02-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

This one going to be pretty tough to call though, since there was a wreck involved... All I can ask is why? Why? You have the best job in the world, and you may have drowned it all with a few drinks.

~Amanda

Old 02-02-2004, 12:39 PM
redriderbob
Banned

Still sounds like Scott Wimmer is immature and needs to grow up! He is going to ruin a great career if he does dumb stuff like this, especially to your team owner's pickup!</P>

redriderbob</P>

Old 02-04-2004, 12:43 AM
redriderbob
Banned

UPDATE: Bill Davis and Bill Davis Racing are aware of the current allegations against driver Scott Wimmer. Davis has been in contact with NASCAR, Caterpillar, and all of the current sponsors and will remain in constant communication until all of the facts have been established. Until all of the facts have been revealed, Davis is not in a position to comment on the specifics of the allegations. Davis and Wimmer will continue to work with NASCAR, Caterpillar and other sponsors until there is resolution.(BDR PR)(2-2-2004)
UPDATE 2: NASCAR officials are looking into Nextel Cup driver Scott Wimmer's arrest for driving while impaired to determine his status for the Daytona 500. Wimmer, who drives for Bill Davis Racing, was arrested at about 2 a.m. Saturday after he wrecked a 2004 Dodge Ram pickup truck owned by the team. High Point, N.C., police records stated that a Breathalyzer test recorded Wimmer's blood alcohol content at 0.15 percent, nearly twice the North Carolina legal limit. Drivers are considered intoxicated in North Carolina if their blood-alcohol content is more than 0.08 percent.(Roanoke Times) AND Wimmer had a blood alcohol level nearly twice the legal limit, High Point police spokesman Lt. Keith Washington said Monday. Wimmer's pickup hit a large rock, flipped over, then hit a road sign, the spokesman said. Wimmer was also charged Saturday with hit and run after the pickup registered to the High Point-based Bill Davis Racing team was found overturned with three tires missing about a mile away from his home, Washington said. When officers arrived at the scene, Wimmer wasn't there. He was found hiding behind a bed at his home, according to the police report.(Yahoo/AP)(2-2-2004)
</P>

redriderbob</P>

Old 02-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

OMG!!! I don't even know what to say... three tires missing?! Hiding behind a bed?! Doesn't look good...

~Amanda <edited><editID>Dodgegirl19</editID><editDate>38020.9089351852</editDate></edited>

Old 02-04-2004, 12:49 AM
redriderbob
Banned

redriderbob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scott Wimmer #22 Driver Arrest