Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Plymouth Laser -vs- 99-ish Buick Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Plymouth Laser -vs- 99-ish Buick Ultra

So, the other day I was watching some guys in an Ultra racing around a bit with an Exploder, and being in the laser, I figured that I would be a little better competition for the supercharged buick. It had wheels, and looked like some exhaust work...at least the tips werent stock, but it sounded like every other GM V6.

On the first launch, I dont know if he wasnt ready, or wasnt paying attention, but i didnt come out hard, and got way out on him...enough that i let off, and then he ran up on me hard, so i got back into it and we stayed like that, with me slightly ahead, to a hundred or so.

The next dig was a good one, as we were side by side with a ton of open track in front of us. I edged forward, and he did the same...as we waited for the green, and when it came down, i launched hard, and the AWD made short work of the blown fwd on the cold track. when i went to second and checked where we was, i already had him in the rear view... so i ran it through 3rd and backed off, letting him catch up. we then went from a roll at 60ish, and i was in fourth gear, and he gradually pulled ahead, and at 100 i was at his rear door, and he let off...i think that had i shifted and slowed down a bit before we went i would have stayed even with him, but at that speed his power advantage allowed him to inch away from me.

it was a good set of runs, and i gave him a thumbs up as i headed off the track...and he returned it. from a launch, the buick didnt stand a chance but from a roll he had a slight advantage.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"cold track" classic!

Quick Reply: Plymouth Laser -vs- 99-ish Buick Ultra