Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

In case you missed it

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:25 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
CarGuyOhio
Old 04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
CarGuyOhio

Here you go, a few more laps to watch.

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2009...ml?MostPopular

Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its friggin amazing how safe those cars are!

Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and nascar let that cheap crap slide? i guess that they dont learn until someone else is dead...

Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 PM
scatpack_69
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheap crap? Who? What? Where? When?

There wasnt anything cheap there. Keselowski went high, got blocked, went low, and Carl didnt realize his fender was under him when he went to block Brad. Brad did exactly what he had to do, maintain his line. He couldnt go below the double yellow, as last year, I believe it was Regan Smith went low to pass coming to the line after being forced beow the line by Tony Stewart and was penalized HEAVILY. Points, and I believe his finish didnt count. Even though he crossed the line first, it was null and void because he went below the double yellow, again to avoid a wreck...

I was mad at first to, as Im a huge Carl Edwards fan. But Keselowski did nothing wrong, and I saw what had happened during the replays.

It was all within the rules established by NASCAR. Theyre givin to the drivers before the race. OK, theyll oblige. Im just glad nobody got hurt (a couple minor unjuries for spectators) but someday, a driver will end up dead because of BS rules set up. In that kind of situation, I see no reason why he cant go below the lines to avoid what happened

Last edited by scatpack_69; 04-26-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:15 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

if that had been jimmy johnson that had been spun out, nascar would have thrown keselowski out of the series. iirc, wasnt it a similar move that killed dale sr?

i dont like edwards at all (hes not in a dodge), but this nonsense with watching a race for hours only to have someone "win" the race by wrecking the competition is why i lost interest in nascar. they need to make up their minds and either have this squeaky clean league where they call everything that same way, or they need to let everything slide and let it turn into real life days of thunder.

then again,if nascar hadnt turned it into a league of watered down cars, edwards could have just pulled back ahead.

and at the very end of that first clip, did keselowski get into someone else, before his donuts?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:14 AM
BadRam1
Veteran

I was watching it with some non nascar fans in the dorms. They flipped out when I had to explain Keselowski's move was perfectly legal haha. I actually made a little money on the race. I bet on Dale Jr. to win. I'm pretty sure Keselowski did hit someone before the donuts. When I was watching it, I was focused on the Edwards side of the split screen. I glanced at the other side and thought someone else wrecked.

Anyone catch Kenseth's crash in the Nationwide race?

Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
red06RAM
All Star

That was an amazing finish. And Carl was able to run away from it. Keselowski hit someone before the donuts when he came up the track but it was just an accident. I don't think there were any bad intentions there.

I never liked Earnhardt Sr. He was blocking for his son to win the race then he got turned. Marlin and Schrader didn't do anything wrong.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i agree that sr was blocking when his accident happened...
honestly, i think that id rather see the old style nascar with cars literally falling apart when they cross the finish line, but if nascar is going to be tight on some people, they need to be tight on everyone...maybe theyve become tighter on things since i stopped watching.

Quick Reply: In case you missed it