Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Ram Vs. Mustang

Old 03-16-2005, 02:17 PM
whitelight
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ram Vs. Mustang

ORIGINAL: big asp

Pointless, maybe. But, where would these types of forums be without silly, meaningless bench racing. C'mon, it's fun to "what if." And, as Mopartodd said, these kind of discussions help younger members learn. And not just them, old farts like me learn a lot from all of you too.

BTW, the original post only said Ram. It didn't specify which engine it had to have. Stock vs stock, SRT-10s will own Fox body GTs. However, the new Mustang GTs run similar 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile numbers. Also, I believe that I have similar or better skid pad numbers than even the new Mustang. That combined with all the SRT's low end grunt make for a pretty impressive ride through a road course. Someone mentioned irony earlier. The irony is that there IS a full size, 5,100 lbs. truck that runs with the big dogs.
Up until a few years ago, we called them Lightnings

Seriously though, that "paint" is just Fords messed up clear coating system they had back in the early 80's. Any paint that's almost 20 years olf is gonne looked fubbared. That particular model Mustang is actually a collector since it is the very special "4 eyes"....bit of an acquired taste though.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:15 AM
jboss10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ram Vs. Mustang

untill last year...and if you can't hit third gear???!!!! road course lightning all the way!!
ORIGINAL: whitelight

ORIGINAL: big asp

Pointless, maybe. But, where would these types of forums be without silly, meaningless bench racing. C'mon, it's fun to "what if." And, as Mopartodd said, these kind of discussions help younger members learn. And not just them, old farts like me learn a lot from all of you too.

BTW, the original post only said Ram. It didn't specify which engine it had to have. Stock vs stock, SRT-10s will own Fox body GTs. However, the new Mustang GTs run similar 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile numbers. Also, I believe that I have similar or better skid pad numbers than even the new Mustang. That combined with all the SRT's low end grunt make for a pretty impressive ride through a road course. Someone mentioned irony earlier. The irony is that there IS a full size, 5,100 lbs. truck that runs with the big dogs.
Up until a few years ago, we called them Lightnings

Seriously though, that "paint" is just Fords messed up clear coating system they had back in the early 80's. Any paint that's almost 20 years olf is gonne looked fubbared. That particular model Mustang is actually a collector since it is the very special "4 eyes"....bit of an acquired taste though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ram Vs. Mustang