Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Ouch...Golf got owned

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 07:44 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ouch...Golf got owned

It sounds to me like you have the same plans for your R/T that I had for mine, SCCA racing with a little drag here and there. I had the Mopar Performance CAI, Mopar Performance PCM, Mopar Performance chrome header, Mopar Performance cat-back exhaust, Mopar Performance bobble strut, Mopar Performance motor mounts with REX motor mount inserts, MSD Super Conductor plug wires, MSD ignition coil, front strut tower brace, Auto Meter Pro Comp Ultra Lite electric oil pressure gauge, Auto Meter Pro Comp Ultra Lite electric volt gauge and Bridgestone Potenza RE 950 tires. I also put in an Alpine head unit (the same one that is currently in the SRT-4) and Alpine 3-way 6 X 9's in the rear. I had planned on so much more that I was going to do to it, but the SRT-4 bug bite me before I got around to the rest.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:17 AM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 03ramhemi

Hey Golfs can be aweosme. Personally I am a VW fan. But, I do like Dodge trucks and the Durango Hemi. I KNOW if you get the top of the line Golf, and race your car, which in '98 was the top of the line neon, he would smoke the heck out of you. You're car has, tops 150hp. stock, and the Golfs can have 180hp turbo stock. So I am quite certain it was a older Golf with the 2.0L 115hp 4 banger.
Yeah as I have said in the past the neon was what $10,000 in 98? Golf turbo, 15,000? and it would barely beat a neon, overpriced junk.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have all sorts of plans for my car...the problem is money lol and I have a ton of time. I'm only 17 (18 in 8 days lol), all I have is a part time job half my check goes in the bank half goes into my car which is about 100 bucks. It's hard to do all this stuff with having to pay for college next year, I have to pay 1800 for car insurance and all other expenses plus it's only been a year having this car on March 28. Half the guys I'm racing are like 25, like the kid in the golf. They got so much more money and had so much more time into there cars. I can't wait until I'm done with my car, it's going to be VERY fast lol...(*cough* SRT-4 2.4 turbo engine swap built up and sent to Callaway right here in CT *cough*) lol

Old 03-23-2005, 08:18 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain, I never got my license or first car until I was 18, but my Roadrunner is my first car, I found it in a Krogers parking lot for sale for only $2,500. In fact, I practiced for my drivers license test in the Roadrunner which has power disc brakes, but manual steering. Luckily a friend of mine came through and I got to use his Reliant for the test even though I had only driven his Reliant once or twice and none of which was through the cones. It has taken almost 10 years to be able to get a brand new car, but here I am with my SRT-4.

Quick Reply: Ouch...Golf got owned