Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

four-doors dragrace

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Danko
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default four-doors dragrace

Just watched two 4 door half-ton pickups race twice. Jefferson Avenue in downtown Detroit. The Ford had 340 h.p. and the Dodge had a hemi with 345. Not close twice. Ford had wider tires and that may have helped but from a roll the Dodge seemed to be lacking and from a dead stop, the Dodge driver seemed to over powerbrake and sat there burning and fishtailing while the Ford burned a little and launched straight and well. Hopefully the 6.1 will become available in all the Rams. That one today needed something more.

Old 03-17-2005, 03:55 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: four-doors dragrace

What ford was it?

Old 03-17-2005, 04:04 PM
casper
Legend

Someone should teach him how to drive that Hemi.

Old 03-17-2005, 06:06 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how do you know how much HP the ford had? and how did they have time to race twice in downtown detroit in the middle of the day?

Old 03-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Danko

The Ford was a 2003 HarleyDavidson F150 and downtown Detroit has become a ghosttown except at 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. when the remaining office workers are on the road. Dragraces do not last very long and do not take up much road so it is easy to do so almost anywhere and "YES!!!" the hemi's driver could use some lessons or at least some practice and wider tires. I just read a PM from a mod and since my posts are offending people, I will not respond to this thread anymore and will just access this forum to try to get info on upcoming vehicles I am considering, like the Magnum SRT-8. Your info inputs are appreciated!!! thnx! Jack Danko

Old 03-17-2005, 06:21 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

actually jack, wrong yet Again...that was not a mod, it was the admin. with permission from amanda, this is what was sent to you...word for word.

Is there a reason you are always rude to people? Maybe I should rephrase that and say, you always post as if you know more then everyone. Such as the Crossfire vs Cavalier post... the derogatory attitude you have is really not desired on this site and I'm getting tired of people PMing me complaining about how you treat them. Please PM me back to discuss your future on DF.

I'm not knocking you, we just need to talk it out. Thanks!

~Amanda
so someone just happened to have the same truck as you and just happened to be racing a ram in DOWNTOWN detroit in the middle of the day....does someone have YET ANOTHER BS flag for danko here? anyone??

Old 03-17-2005, 06:35 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a good one for him. I just used it to wipe off some ford that splattered on my windshield.

Ah heck, here's a clean one.

[sm=bs.gif]

Old 03-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Grr287
Captain

Yeah.....the Ram driver must've completely sucked!! I mean, come on.....he was racing a ford!!

Old 03-18-2005, 02:36 AM
srt4 so fast

man i cant believe that guy in the ram. my f-150 is pretty flippin sweet but i dont think its any match for the almighty hemi in a drag race.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Danko

srt-4 so fast, Your F-150 probably does not have a supercharged 5.4 with 340 h.p., does it, so of course you could not expect the same results. Amanda, You constantly look for excuses to call me wrong or say my input is BS and it never is. No one said there just happened to be a truck just like mine there on Jefferson. Where did that come from? Stop being unwarrantedly critical and enjoy the wisdom from experience I exude. As I said.......... It will be nice when the 6.1's become available and hopefully that will include the shortbox 1500's.

Quick Reply: four-doors dragrace